WAAAAAAAAAA HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! So I was putting Ellie to bed, and of course she was very sad about Amy, and I finally broke down in front of her and we had a pretty good boo hoo session about it. But then Ellie said, "You know Mom, when I feel sad about Amy, I just start singing the song I heard the day she went missing, 'Don't worry be Happy!' " So we sang it quietly together, and then eventually she fell asleep and my heart seized with panic. All this over a flippin' cat!! What the! I thought, "Why now? Amy was JUST starting to let Ellie pet her and love her up. I was really really beginning to appreciate her own special uniqueness in a whole new way since she was the #1 head kitty around here." I just felt so... freaked. Not to mention that by the time I set up my couch cushions and blankets right in front of the WIDE open inner garage door (hello... serial killers anyone?) I looked at the time and realized it was already 9 AM in Ethiopia. Would today be ours and Ayana's day??? So many things... but thankfully with the georgous breeze blowing over me I fell asleep. Regan, God love him, phoned to see if she had shown up. And was pretty sad when I said no. So I, of course, dreamt about her, and kept waking up at every little cricket and rustle. Then later I suddenly felt little feet and hair running accross my body... I thought, "No way!" and looked behind me and there was AMY running into our kitchen!! I screamed "Amy!" and scooped her up and yelled "Ellie! Ellie! Ellie! Guess who's here!!!" And Ellie (it was 5 am) who was in a deep sleep came running downstairs and screamed "Amy! " and instantly burst into tears of gratitude. It was an awesome moment. So needless to say we didn't sleep much after that. Amy climbed all over us in our bed and purred and meowed and drank water out of Ellie's water glass.. she's been drinking a ton. I cannot tell you how relieved I am. We started singing, "Blessed be the Lord!" at the top of our lungs~! I called Regan's work (he's working nights) and asked one of my closest friends to pass on the great news!
Now I am back to hanging on by my nails to see if the phone rings with good news today, but as I said before, I feel much more at peace about it all now. I really do. Not that I wouldn't be jumping off of the walls with sobbing gratitude as well if we got the call today, if we don't I know that that is the way it is supposed to be and I am really going to try to be okay with that. Sigh.
Tonight we are going to go to our favourite sushi place and see a movie to celebrate!!
Thanks again to all of you for your prayers for Ayana's court date and for our little cat.
Yay!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm so happy your cat came back and you are feeling at peace with whatever happens with Ayana's court date.
YIPEEE!!! Glad Amy is back! And, now hope your hear something concrete about Ayana! :)
Post a Comment