Thursday, August 9, 2007

Back to normal life..

Well, finally started to come down a bit.. just a bit! And settling into our normal routine of Ellie in school, and Regan working. The only glitch is that Regan is working nights, so he is sleeping during the day. At least it is not as big of a deal now that we have our basement developed. It is much more sound proof down there and I can carry on with my daily to-do list.

Ellie is enjoying Grade 3, I think, but she is in a bit of shock about how much work there is. I knew that this grade will be a lot different than her earlier two. She's doing great already though, and we already had to have the "homework" talk, so that is not as much of a struggle as it was in the first couple of days. She is learning her multiplication tables right now. Pretty neat! And she has to memorize some prayers too. Also very cool. I love that she is in Catholic school, it makes me feel great that she is getting her spiritual side of herself fed along with her intellectual and social self.

A friend of mine recieved a couple of new pics of her son in our orphanage. So cute!!! Hopefully we will get an update in the next month or two. I would love one of her eyes open! I am not even that stressed about the next 2,3 or 4 months... seems like a dream compared to Haiti. Not that Haiti is bad, but just a lot more complicated and red tapey.

I think it is almost time for another Gerard Butler week! There are some new pics out there, I can feel it!! It was quite popular last time, and I know it is a nice distraction for me from my daily life and the waiting, I am sure many of you out there will appreciate a little break from reality. Stay tuned in the coming days....

I am trying to find something to knit. Baby wise. There are so many cute little things to knit, that I just can't seem to even find one! Right now I am getting ready to clear out Ayana's room and start getting it ready. I CANNOT believe that we are her PARENTS!! For REAL!! After all we've been thru... FINALLY!!! YAY!! And in only a few months she WILL BE HERE!!!

Life is good!
Have a great Thursday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Still so excited for you guys!!! I can't wait to see those eyes as well!!! We got our picture right at the 4 week mark...just like we were told...so I'm sure you will too!! So fun!!!
And not that you need any permission...but I think that Gerard week is in definite need of returning!!! I saw him on Entertainment TOnight or something the other night and instantly thought of you....don't worry I drooled enough for the both of us! :)