Monday, July 16, 2007

On my adoption e-mail list I just heard the fantastic news that 3 couples courts went thru and their children are legally theirs!!! I am sooo happy for them. But I have to admit feeling very very very sad for us. I mean really sad. I mean like crying sad. One couple accepted their proposal a little under a month ago, and the courts close in 2 weeks and 3 days so the chance of ours being heard is very slim. I know most of them read my blog, so I hope they won't be upset at me saying that I am sad.. at the same time being VERY happy for them!! Really!!! I just feel like my heart is broken right now. They will all likely be bringing their kids home right when our daughters court case gets heard, and then we can't bring her home until 3 months AFTER that. I am very frustrated that the Ethiopian court system has to close.

I'm sorry for being such a downer. Please pray for us.. for a miracle... that our case will be heard and that Lilli Heven will be ours before Aug 4th so we can pick her up the end of September instead of January.

Thanks.

7 comments:

Mamato2 said...

Lilli Heven- beautiful name!! Hang in there- miracles happen ALL the time!!
Hope you get yours!!
Blessings

Sebrina Wilson said...

Lisa I am praying for you!!!!!!! I really hope that you get some good news.

Jenn said...

a girl!!!!AHHHHH!!!! I am sooo excited for you! Can't waittosee her picture. Still in Haiti, swating like a pig! Leaving tomorrow morning and then back again in August to HOPEFULLY pick up Wil. H is doing better but needs the love and attention of a family. Phil said you called, sorry I missed you! Talk soon! and didImention how excited I am about Lilli!!!! Will they be able to get your file thorugh before the closures?? have they said if it was a possibility??

Jen in hot hot Haiti!

Jill Friesen said...

Lisa- I love your name!!!
I so, so understand how you feel... I know that mine has now gone through, but on Fri. when I found out about the others I cried a lot and was super sad....I felt down all w/e and was wondering why not us??? Court dates go in order of referral and since you were only a couple of weeks after us, there is a huge chance that you are next.... Thinking and praying for you :)
We can meet eachother in Ethiopia when we are both there picking up little Lilli and Jada, who are roomates!!!!!

Cindy said...

I am praying for a miracle!! That name is beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad about being sad Lisa!! I dont' remember when I've cried so much as I have in the past 6 weeks. It's just a time filled with anxiety. And when I heard about the first court case going through I bawled like a baby...hysterically becuase I didn't think that there was any chance for us. IT was weird becasue I was honestly happy for the couple who had gone through, yet so incredibly sad for us. So I know how you feel. ANd completely praying that you will hear good news before Aug 4...the dreaded date.

DEBRA said...

I just found your blog....I feel your pain. we made it through the courts , but I was worried because our first court date was postponed. sometimes I think we just need to let ourselves feel the pain and work through it....anyway I hope your journey is smooth and quick.

Debbie