Well... here it is, the day we leave. Ellie wanted to set her alarm today, so for once we actually got up at 7am and I am actually able to do this before I drop her off to school. We are excited, obviously, but last night Ellie cried for a long time about leaving our home, our dog, her friends, her teacher, etc. She gets homesick as do I, so I just let her cry and then she felt better. She is so much like me in so many ways, I am glad. On the surface her reactions to things and situations may seem unusual, but because I understand the origin of where her feelings are coming from I can get it...eventhough sometimes those reactions drive me crazy! She has a lot of my traits but magnified. I wish I had more patience with her sometimes. You know what that's like, those Mom's out there. Anyway, she is great today and very pumped!
I dreamed about work last night. The show Heartland that I worked on last year (the pilot) have hired their AD's and I was not called. I am very very disappointed. I really wanted to work on that show. But cest' la vie. I love all of the cast on that show, so I will drop by to see them. There is a huge world war 1 epic coming by Paul Gross which I have known about for a couple of years, but now it was finally given the green light. For some bizarre reason I have always wanted to do that show. Don't ask me why, it's going to be a nightmare of a shoot. Hundreds of extras, battle scenes with blood and effects non stop, and the majority of it will be outside in the fall, AT NIGHT. Yuck. Night shooting is my least favourite way to shoot. My body just cannot adjust to starting work at 4 or 5 pm and working till 7 AM. I hate that. But I really really want to do this movie. It defies logic. There is no good reason why I should do it, really, it's also a lot longer than the movies I want to work on nowadays. It will shoot from Aug 14th to the end of October. But really, the year is PAINFULLY slow this year and Regan has not had a whole lot of work and before the baby comes it would be a good idea for me to work as much as I can. Not only for moneys sake, but for my career sake as I will be off work after baby comes for probably a year. I love my job so much, and love it when I can do it, but everytime I take a job I get that feeling like... Why am I doing this again? Because it means not seeing Ellie at ALL during the week, and then when I see her on the weekend being exhausted from working an average of 15 to 18 hours a day during the week. But anyway, I love it and it's good for her to stay with her Grandma or her Dad and have that time with them and to get a different perspective on life sometimes. Then her and I really appreciate each other when I get back!
I hope HOPE HOPE that we get our referral when we get back! I am not hoping we get it while we are gone, it will just be too hard to logistically get the baby checked out by the Doctor and accept etc. Anyway, I hope to update my blog while I am there, although it won't be every day or anything.
I will MISS ALL OF YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And please PRAY FOR OUR SAFE RETURN and SAFE PLANE RIDES!!!
Till next time from DEUTCHLAND!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment