Thursday, June 14, 2007

Snakes on a Plane

I am one of those people that obsess about getting on a plane. I don't have a paralyzing fear, but it's fear none the less. Will we crash in the middle of the ocean? What would that feel like? Did people who crashed and died in planes have some sort of premonition that it was going to happen? Will there be a terrorist on our plane? These are the kinds of things I try to push out of my mind, but they are there anyway. I know... relaxing isn't it? Everything is pretty much done except for the carry-on luggage and the last stuff to pack. So Regan and I are full of nervous energy. Tomorro is going to be tough because we don't leave until 10 pm so we will be at the airport around 7ish, but the day will just crawl by I am sure. I am excited though, things are much more organized trip wise now. After we see the castles we drive to a place called LEGOLAND. How fun is that??? We are staying there for one night and then we start to visit Reg's relatives. We do plan on winging it a little bit, I mean this isn't a holidy in Iraq or anything, I think we are pretty safe in Germany.

Tomorro is Ellie's last day of Grade 2. It is going to be VERY difficult to say goodbye to her teacher. She has had the same amazing teacher for 2 years in a row. She is beyond fantastic, and we love her like she is a part of our family. I am not even remotely exagerating. She has told us she feels the same way. Her and Ellie have a very special bond and plan on keeping in touch with eachother from now on. She is going travelling for a whole year so we will not see her for a year and a half!! I'm not sure who is going to cry more when we all say goodbye. I love her so much, and she has done so much for our whole family. I wish I could put it into words. Here is a poem I wrote for her last year from Ellie:


There are no words to say
What you have done for me
How you touched my heart
Filled it with glee

With your big arms
You held me tight
While I tried not to cry
with all my might.

I learned a lot,
boy did I ever
but it’s not just school work
That’s made me feel clever

You made me see
What I could not
A butterflies birth
A kiss I caught

You made me see
How we should love one another
Teacher,
friend,
Dad,
Mother

But most of all
You made me see
What lies deep inside of me

A quiet
but mighty place
Where strong winds blow
The dreams I chase

“Maturity”
Is what you’d say to me
with a hug and a smile
You’d pat my knee

So, Thank you
My dear Miss G
For helping me to see
All the things that I can be

We will miss you Miss G, with all of our hearts.

Till tomorro folks!

No comments: