I don't have much to say today. I hate it when that happens. Went running today despite having a mildy aching ankle. It felt much better, and it was so beautiful out, I couldn't resist. (Sorry Mom! I know you are going to be shaking your head at me!) The dog just about went out of her mind with excitement, she hadn't been out for almost a week! Poor thing. I ran for 10 minutes two times. The one thing about running for longer stretches is you don't have to keep checking your watch to see when your walk break is coming. That is so awesome. It won't be long and I will be able to run for 30 minutes straight with music on and then be done. You know? In the paper today there was an article about running injuries being caused by weak hips. I could totally see that as my problem with my left ankle/leg problem. That hip has been a problem my entire life, and is why I am pigeon toed on that leg. They gave a number for a running injury clinic where they can analyze your gait and the mechanics of your let, I am going to book an appointment for that. If I can do some strength excercises of my hips and improve my running without pain, why not?? I am SO envious of people that can just go out and train and not have any nagging problems. Like my best friend. She just runs. Lucky.
The book on eating is still awesome, and I find myself feeling more relaxed about food lately. Some people have said to me "Eat what ever I want??? Isn't that how I got to be overweight????" Which is the #1 most common comment after people hear about this philosophy. Well, yes and no. She is merely suggesting that BECAUSE people may be depriving themselves of food, and really NOT eating what ever they want at any given time, causes people to then BINGE on the forbidden food and then go thru the guilt and shame cycle again and again. And you actually end up eating WAY MORE of the forbidden food then you would have had you allowed yourself to EAT WHAT EVER YOU WANT IN THE FIRST PLACE. You follow? For example: Yesterday I wanted a piece of homeade cake that was sitting on my counter. I really wanted it. I was PMSing and feeling overwhelmed with the trip and stuff. I could taste it, smell it, and feel the feelings associated with eating this cake. I went thru all the things we go thru that I am now so consious of, the self dialogue. "I shouldn't eat that cake. The calories, the fat! No I really can't." I CAN'T? Who says I can't??? That is ridiculous, I said to myself. Of course I can! Is it fattening? Yes. Will I feel satisfied after if I let myself have it? After reading Geneen's book, yes I will. So instead of doing what I normally would have done: eaten a healthy lunch... not feel satisfied and gorged on the cake later in the day or at night, eating that many more calories and a whole lot of guilt and shame. So I had a half a banana and a bit of peanut butter because I wanted that, and then I had a piece of cake with milk and loved every bite. The rest of the afternoon I felt satisfied. I did not think about food, or cake or guilt. In fact, I look at the cake today and I could care a less, because I know I could eat it if I wanted to. Sounds crazy to some of you maybe, but I bet there is a least one person out there that this may be speaking to. Anyway, it is difficult to sum up so I highly recommend either borrowing her book or buying it and reading it. She walks you thru it much more thoroughly than I can and you'll see what I mean. I want more than to lose weight and be healthy... I want to be free of my emotional eating, I want to be free of the struggle... forever.
Here's to being well!!
(So much for having nothing to say! LOL!!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment