Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Windy city

"I ran the marathon for my 60th birthday; Iwanted to do something outrageous and impossible." -- Kaye Durland Spilker (First-time marathoner)

Today was super windy. I mean really windy. The kind of wind that makes you wish you could crawl under a rock. Okay, maybe not everybody hates it like I do. Wind makes me very very cranky. Now take me running against the wind... uphill. It was tough. But I did it, and felt great after. Even my poor dog got on my nerves. Sometimes she tends to cut in front of me as I am running. I know, I know, how is she supposed to get what I am doing? She should just run straight! For crying out loud! Anyway, God love her, and I do, she's awesome. Okay, I take it back... for now.

The carpet is in and looks fabulous! The guys are coming tomorro to finish the basement. FINISHED!! As in we are "finishing" the basement. You know, done, fini, FINAL. Yay!!! Hopefully REgan can come home this weekend and we can actually move everything down there and start enjoying. it. I went down there to bask in the glow of the new rug, and noticed a cat pee smell. CAT PEE!!!!!!!!!!!! I was baffled. I was on my hands and knees sniffing every inch of the rug inhaling the freshly smeared glue. Nothing. But everytime I would stand up in this one spot.... stink. What the? Here I thought, Oh my God, we have just done the basement and spent a ton of money on it, and we carpeted over a HUGE STINK. That would be a huge problem. I almost cried. To make a long story short I discovered where it is coming from. Some neighbor cat, and I don't mean that in a friendly neighborly way, I just mean a local evil cat, is peeing in our basement window sill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is DISGUSTING!!! We have been vigilant at not letting our cats in the basement for a year or two as they were taking liberties with their urine on various bits of luggage and any piece of plastic they could find. So they were permenantly banished from downstairs. So I was P-OED (no pun intended) to discover the smell, only to be immediately relieved that it was coming from OUTSIDE and not inside. So I soaked the outside with bleach and also on the inside window sill. I hope it takes care of the problem. Gross. Otherwise, it looks lovely. If you like urine that is. :)

I am off now to play "Peek-a-poos" with Ellie. And if you do not know what peek-a-poos are you are either not a parent, or you are denying you know about them and are a closet peek-a-poo fan.

Ciao!

No comments: