Thursday, May 17, 2007

Taking it easy

This AM is georgous. I took Ellie to school after we both slept in. Ooops... I took Sara, our dog, with us. Poor Sara has a bad ear. I noticed yesterday she was kind of clamping her ear shut. She has these enormous ears on her head that, except for the tips, they stick straight up. But the right one was down and closed shut. She has been shaking her head a lot the last few days too. I looked in side and the poor little thing has so much gunk and the skin of her ear is all read and scabby looking. Good thing she was already going to the vet today for her shots and check up. Anyway, last night she would randomly loudly whine, almost like saying, "Ouch!!". She looked miserable. I gave her an aspirin, (now I know you are not supposed to do that, but it did help) put a warm compress on her ear and gave her a lot of extra love. AFter the aspirin kicked in she had a good sleep. She is the best dog ever. I am not even exaggerating a little bit, everyone who has met her will tell you that. She is almost freaky good, you know? We rescued her from Pets for Life 4 years ago and have had zero problems with her. She is amazing. After putting our cat down only a couple of weeks ago Ellie is very very scared that Sara will go the way of Buddy. I have to admit a totally irrational fear of the same for me. It looks like an ear infection possibly caused by ear mites. I am anxious as to what the vet is going to say.

Our walk was lovely. I did not want to stop walking. The sun was gently shining and there was a soft warm breeze, for once, and not the gale force ice berg cold wind that usually is around this time of year. If my stupid foot wasn't bugging me we could have walked for hours. I am worried I may have done some serious damage on my foot, I don't know. It is not out right pain, but it bugs me all of the time. I am seeing the doctor next week, I'll ask about it then.

I wanted to pass on the premiere of a film I had the great fortune to work on. It is "BURY MY HEART AT WOUNDED KNEE." It is the story of Sitting Bull and the Native americans during that time. It is an unbelievable story, and I suspect going to be a beautiful film and I am very proud to have been a part of it. It's not every day that we as crew members can say that, actually. It is going to be broadcast on HBO on May 27th. If you get that station, I think in Calgary you can only get it if you have satellite. It stars August Schellenberg, Aiden Quinn, Adam Beach and Anna Paquin. Take a moment to watch the trailer, it is georgous!
For the trailer click on the title of the film above. If you think you have seen it all before concerning the plight of Native Americans, think again, this story had to be told and is beautifully done.

I am not going to do a whole lot today, I am resting my said stupid foot, and finishing "The Road." This book is AMAZING. I was very very skeptical as I heard it was depressing. It's not, really, it's just a terrifac tragic love story between a father and a son. I am not saying it's for everyone, but I am absolutely loving it. I don't want it to end. I bought it on Monday and I will finish it today. It is fantastic. Did I mention it was good?? I am excited to see the author ,who apparently never does interviews, on Oprah.

The View is super feisty this AM. I love it when Rosie and Elizabeth go at it. I was not sure if I would like Rosie on that show, but I love her now. Her blog is very entertaining and she has these little mini talk shows with 2 of her "people". They are hilarious and they air on her blog on Monday morning. Say what you want about her, but she gets you thinking, and she usually has the facts to back up her impassioned opinions.

Melinda Doolittle got ousted!!! Can you believe it??? I just don't get it. I think Blake will win. I do like his beat boxing thing a lot, but his singing annoys the crap out of me. I think he looks and acts super cheezy when her sings. Same with Jordan. She has an amazing voice, but she tends to pour on the drama when she sings. My favourite was Chris, mostly because I thought he was hot.

Have an awesome Thursday!

No comments: