
I don't know what is up with me. I just cannot get motivated lately. When Regan is home, I can start getting stuff done, and when he is working but in Calgary I get lots done. The logic there is that eventhough I don't usually physically SEE him when he works in Calgary, I know he is SEEING the results of me being home all day, and he better SEE RESULTS. You follow? Well, since he is in Edmo and will be for the next 2 weeks, I am kind of like on a weird vacation. Who else is going to see this house but me and Ellie? And do we care??? Noooo... Well, I do actually care because it gets on my nerves when things aren't clean or put away. But lately, well, it just gets on my nerves a little.
(Photo of Gerard Butler... it'll all make sense near the end of the post... but really, does it matter? I mean isn't it enough to just LOOK at him????? sigh.)
I am anxiously waiting for the news that our dossier has headed to Edmonton. This hasn't happened yet. I hope it will be by Friday. LET'S HOPE FOR FRIDAY! There is another couple who live in Alberta who are in the exact same place in the process as we are, in fact we are sure that our dossier travelled together in the same envelope to Ottawa. Kind of neat to have adoption buddies, honestly I do not know how I could go thru this without them! The babies room at the moment is full of boxes of baby stuff, a baby car seat and the like. But I like going in there, it already has a different vibe. A baby vibe. A can't-wait-until-our-newest-member-of-our-family-arrives kind of a vibe.
I haven't run since Friday. It was snowing yesterday, as I said before, and I figured that was as good of an excuse other than my legs falling off. So I didn't go. Bad me. I am going to run tomorro though. I have to. I can't express to you how big and gross I am feeling. I know that we as women are not supposed to have those thoughts about ourselves, but I do, and I am expressing them here. BIG AND GROSS!!! I have been eating clean today, which basically means no refined carbs or super processed food. So far it's been good. I had my usual steel cut oats with splenda, vanilla and cinnamon, and then I had a low fat Waldorf salad for lunch, and six almonds. The Waldorf salad was SO GOOD and SO EASY. I am still feeling very very satisfied. For those of you that don't know what that is you just cut up some apple, some celery, some grapes and walnuts, and mix it with a teaspoon or so of low fat mayo and a bit of lemon juice. YU-MMY! I plan on having the half of a peach glazed chicken breast for my afternoon snack around 2 when I feel like I could slip into a coma at any moment. I am alway tired, so I cut out the caffeine. I have hormonal issues due to good old perimenopause sneaking up to me at an early age. So as a result I am trying to get better with food and excercise so I can hopefully balance out the hormonal side of my life. Regan and Ellie will be so grateful.
My Mom is now able to drive, and I hope to work a little bit this summer. I said A LITTLE BIT. Let's not go crazy!! Unless of course if the movie has Gerard Butler in it, then I could do it, especially if it was a really looooong series where he would have to be topless in most of it. Hmmmm..... Gerard... topless.... sigh. He is shooting one of his next films in Vancouver. For the love of ME why do they not shoot it here!!! We got mountains, we got prairies, we got badlands, and much more sun, and did I mention I'M HERE!! All I know is that if I finally get to work with him I will be able to die a happy woman. Here me universe?? I am placing my order now!!
Have a happy Tuesday, and HAPPY APPRECIATION DAY!!

No comments:
Post a Comment