I am anxiously waiting for the next e-mail from the Alberta Govt telling us that our file is enroute to Ethiopia. This will be the next bit of news that is huge. It is so exciting to be this far in the process, I can't even tell you. Closer and closer to our new little addition to our family.
Yesterday was SO MUCH FUN. Ellie and I were in our pj's pretty much all day. We started playing board games at noon and played them solidly until 4 pm. When we played the Harry Potter game, I lit a bunch of candles, a lantern and even our candleabras on our wall, and we played one of Ellie's Harry Potter sound tracks. It was awesome. Then we went for a long walk with the dog, and just as the weather turned yucky we went back in and got our pjs' back on. Then we had a spa night. We put on masks and we each did each others toe nails, we did a hand treatment and did each others hair. It was one of the best days we have ever had together. I absolutely loved it, and so did she.
Tomorro she is going on her first field trip with this school to the zoo. I am one of the parent volunteers. I can't wait too! And it looks like the weather should be pretty good for it as well.
I went running today... it was awesome.. I am up to 6 minutes running at a time with 1 min walk breaks. I could only do it three times, though, my lower back was KILLING me by the 3rd walk break so I had to stop. I think it is from the belly dancing, it really works those lower back muscles in a way that they are not used to. I am going to add swimming to my training on Thurs. I need to get serious, the weight is not coming off, in fact I am getting fatter. I am not kidding. I am not talking about scale weight, I am talking about fat around my middle. I think because I started running I seem to think I can eat more, but at this level of running I am not burning as many calories as I think I am. So today I am taking it easy on the food, and eating clean. I'll let you know how the next few weeks go.
Have a terrifac Monday everyone!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Lisa,
I didn't realize that AB sent an e-mail once they sent the dossier! I was getting curious, so I just called them and left a message saying that "I was enquiring about our dossier"... uh..uh.. maybe I should not have called!??!? Oh well, I had called them a while ago about something else and they called me back right away. So, I will let you know what they tell me!! Oh no, now I am feeling nervous!!!
Talk to you soon :)
Jill
Post a Comment