Is he perfection or what????? Wow--eee.First of all I want to publicly congratulate a friend of mine and her husband on their referral of a baby boy!!!!! Yay Jaclyn and Craig!!! I am sooo thrilled for them!!
I went for a total skin review today. There is a dermatologist in Calgary that for a fee will give you a full body check for cancer and other stuff. It was such a great relief to learn that all of those years of the buuuuuuuurn-tan-peel, tanning beds, and working outside for years has done no damage. In fact he said for my age (and I took particular notice at the phrase "for my age", I don't think I have actually heard a doctor utter that yet... sigh.) and skin type, and my history, that my skin is in remarkable good health. Yay!!! Someone very close to me had an immediate family member pass away in their 50's due to melanoma. And another friend of mine, who just turned 50, had melanoma removed from her arm. Thank God it did not go any further. It was worth every penny. If you live in Calgary and are interested at all in having this done, you can e-mail me at circlebooks@shaw.ca and i will give you all of the details. This afternoon I am going for a spray tan. It is so absurd to do it today since there was a FOOT OF SNOW on the ground this morning. But I am so tired of my legs being glow=in-the-dark white every summer. So I'm getting it done. I'll let you know how it turns out.
I still have done next to nothing these days. Terrible. Basically it boils down to this. Too much TV. It's not rocket science, I just need to shut the stupid thing off and put music on or something. That is what I am going to do. I went for a run at the gym today. It was AWESOME! What a difference on the treadmill!!!! I felt like I could have run for an hour. I added some incline intervals to up the intensity, but it was great, I had the best run ever I think on that thing. I was just happy the gym wasn't too busy and I could get on one. I never did understand how people can work out and read. I tried to read a magazine once, and had to re-read a sentence about 20 times before I realized I just wasn't gettin' it. Kudos to those who can, but personally I like to look out the window at the highschool students smoking.
Tomorro night me, my Mom, my sister and my neice are going belly dancing. Rather, we are taking a lesson in belly dancing. What is comforting in this is that I now have a ample belly for the belly dancing. Then we are going for Greek food after. I can't wait to do the lesson, I think we will all have a hysterical time.
Must run to pick up Ellie, Have a happy Thursday!!

1 comment:
Thanks Lisa!! We are so excited!! i was away in Philadelphia for the weekend and just got back and am catching up on your blog....It's a good thing that they post all old posts...so I can too stare and drool over GB. mmmm mmmm.
Post a Comment