So, I am feeling better today, and have resolved to be positive!! Our new passport applications are sitting at our Dr's office waiting to be signed. I sent off all of our immigration stuff to our agency along with our next installment for fees... phew! And I realize that slowly we are inching forward. Ellie had a great day at school and it makes my heart feel good to know how much she loves it there, and how lucky we are to have the teacher that we do!!!
With all of the talk about the Don Imus thing (and if you don't know about it, you can watch any of the talk shows and they are almost all talking about it. Basically he said a very very horrible racist thing on his talk show and has now been fired.) anyway, recently someone I care about used the "n" word as he was trying to make a joke. I was so shocked and mortified and very very quickly pleaded with him not to use that word EVER and that maybe in his day and age it wasn't as bad a word and that it is beyond offensive... etc. He said it was still a bad word back then, and then proceeded to tell me all about this great black guy he knew once and on and on. You know how it goes, "Oh, I'm not a racist because I have a friend who is black." Anyway, it was very very upsetting. But a reality, unfortunately. All we can do is stick up for what we believe is right and hope that our children will do the same.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment