Friday, April 20, 2007

Jesus take the wheel...

You know, I started this post a little backward. I started explaining about how I was going to "Let Go and Let God" about our adoption and all that. And then my last paragraph I dedicated to Dick and Rick Hoyt. Now that I have re-read my entry, I am going to put their story at the very top of this post. This is one of the most important little videos I have ever seen in my life and I invite all of you to watch it. And if you've seen it already, I encourage you to watch it again. On April 26 Dick and Rick Hoyt are coming to Calgary. I am dying to see them. If you haven't heard of them I am sure you have seen the video that circulated awhile back on the net. He is a father with a disabled son, and together they have competed in over 900 races all over the world. You read that right... 900. This includes 65 marathons, 216 triathlons, and 6 Ironman distances (3.9 km swimming, 180 km bikeride, and 42.2 km run) Their story is unbelievable. I was so inspired after seeing the video in my inbox that I went to thier website and ordered the 2 DVD's you can buy thru them. To get a glimpse of their story check it out on You tube .

The title of this post is one of my favourite songs of all time. It makes me cry everytime I hear it. Today I called the passport office just to see if the forms they needed got there okay. The gal said she didn't know as the mailroom is very slow. I hung up and realized that I truly do need to let this go. I have now let it go and am just going to go on with my life and not be obsessive about it. There is nothing more that we can do, we have done everything in our power to try to expidite our passports and now we just have to wait. Truly it is in God's hands at this very moment. I told my bestfriend today that when all is said and done, I bet in hindsight later we will look back on this time and thank God it worked out that way. Even if that means that this adoption may not happen until Christmas. Even IF we got our passports in 2 weeks, our file still needs to get authenticated, and then sent to Ethiopia. That would bring us to probably the beginning of June. Then IF we got a referral a month from then, that would be July, and it would be virtually impossible to get a court date before the courts close. You see why I have to give this one up to the Universe?? If I think about it too much I will go crazy. All of this delay, potentially months and months and months... all because we could not get our Canadian passports done under 3 months. It's insane. Anyway, remember LIsa, giving it up?? Oh right, I forgot. This could be tougher than I thought. Our file would more than likely on it's way to Ethiopia as we speak. It is very difficult. But I know many many other stories of people waiting a lot longer for lots of reasons, so I can't really complain. It would be worse, for example, if we already knew who our child was. That would be unbearable.

I am about to enjoy my last couple of hours in the house to myself. The workers have left for the day, Ellie is in school and Regan is on his last day of his show. Come Monday he will be home 24 hours a day until his next job. Luckily we have the basement stuff to deal with, so that will be something we can work on. Otherwise we get on each others every last nerve!

It is still snowing today, which I don't actually mind. I am one of those people who likes winter. I love wearing sweaters, having a fire on, needing heavy blankets to sleep at night. I like it when it is dark at 430 in the afternoon. I love all that. I also love spring with the grass and leaves and stuff. I love that too. But what I am saying is that I don't mind winter at all. Mind you I am not the one who has to drive in it. I am sure there were plenty of people that were not happy this morning on the roads!

I picked up the newest Oxygen magazine. It is a fitness magazine devoted entirely to women. And pretty much every single woman in there is a thirty something mom like me who at one time or another decided to get fit. It is a fantastic magazine, and I literally read every single page. I actually did step aerobics this AM, and that was great. I love my little Buns of Steel tape (love that name) and I have been doing the same exact tape for about 18 years. I am surprized the thing still works! I have tried plenty of other work out DVD's and tapes, but I keep going back to that one. It makes me sweat and only takes 30 minutes. LOVE it!

I am going to start running again. I say "again" like I was this big runner. I wasn't. I started in a clinic about 5 years ago, and injured my ankle and had to drop out. I found out I actually really liked running. But after I was out for 6 weeks, I just never got back in. But I like the fact that you can slowly improve over time. I think when I sprained my ankle I was running for 10 minutes straight. It's nothing compared to most people, but for me that is a miracle. I am planning on doing the mother's day 10 K next year. I think a year of training would be enough. I hope!

No comments: