Monday is Reg's birthday, and our 10 year anniversary! I cannot even believe it has been 10 years. Holy Moly. I now know how people can look at each other after 50 years and say, "Has it really been that long?" and "Boy, did you ever get old!" Regan is getting gray. I really like it! I like how his face is getting older, he is getting crows feet, it makes him look even more manly. Too bad it is not the same for us, eh? I have been thinking about what our marriage means, and it is not that complicated. He loves me just how I am, and I love him just how he is. And that is it. After all of these years it really just boils down to that for us. Whenever I feel a bit, oh I don't know, not sure if things are going great, I watch Everybody loves Raymond. In fact any times things get a bit rocky, I watch that show and feel so much better. I actually recommend it to other married people who might be experiencing some issues. It sounds nuts, but for us it makes us laugh at ourselves because... well, we actually ARE Debra and Ray. Anyone who knows Regan would tell you that he is EXACTLY like Ray... and sadly that is true! :) And I am A LOT like Debra, and again sadly.... sigh. Regan is funny, as annoying as it is sometimes, he really is funny. And he tries to be funny when he gets in trouble. Which is OFTEN. It doesn't make me laugh at the time, but later I usually can't help myself. My favourite episode is the PMS one. I can watch that over and over and over. If you haven't seen it yet, watch for it, so damn funny you'll actually cry. And you may cry if you are suffering like Debra. Anyway, Happy Anniversary to us! We actually made it!
Ellie's appointment with Dr. Nose and Throat went great. He was nice and said her adnoids were fine. So NO SURGERY!! Yay!! She has inhalent allergies (no big shocker there) so he says when our animals are "gone" don't get anymore. I smiled. So I am so glad I got the 'ol Dyson with the Hepa filter. I think that is really going to help. Now we have moved onto the shots for Ethiopia. I got her this EMLA cream that is supposed to numb her arm. I'll let you know how that works. If it works, it will be a miracle for us!
Our homestudy has been signed by our agency and Reg and I will go in there tomorro and sign it and it can FINALLY go to Edmonton. They will probably have it for a month ( I hope not) and then we can send our stuff to KidLink. THEN Kidslink gets our dossier authenticated and then it gets sent BACK to Edmonton and then off to Ethiopia. I am really really hoping our dossier will be on it's way to Africa by the middle of April. It would be such a blessing to have a referral by my birthday which is that month. But who knows.
I am feeling very.... paper chase burn out. I really really am. Lately I am just sick to death of making appointments, having a to-do list for various things to do with the dossier. I feel like I have spent the last 2 years of my life paper chasing, and actually it has almost been two years!! I will be so glad to get the papers out of our hands and off to the agency. I just want to have our stuff done. I am trying to be positive and get excited about the papers, but ugh. I just can't.
I have also slowed down on the reading about adoption and stuff, like when I was pregnant sometimes you can information overload on that stuff.
My Mom is SO EXCITED to go to Ethiopia with us! So cute!! I am so thrilled that she will be coming!!!
I may be working on a show called "The Nutcracker" the same one that Regan will be doing. It all depends on the actors strike etc. It would be for 8 weeks. It is about twice as long as I would like but the money would be a God send right now with the adoption expenses kicking in. Keep your fingers crossed for us! Plus it would be nice for us to work on a movie together, its been awhile. It's fun to work together eventhough we hardly see or talk to eachother during the day, at least we can share the same stories later.
I realized that I haven't been posting many pictures... bad blogger... I'll try to get more on the ball.
Survivor starts tonight... I am so into Idol that I am not as excited as I used to be, but at least it is something to watch besides Larry King!!~
Till next time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment