Monday, January 22, 2007

To blog, or not to blog...

The last few days I have been busy collecting and reading many many blogs on Ethiopian adoptions, and it got me thinking. What if people through out history kept blogs? Public blogs, that everyone could read. What if Hitler had a blog? Or Ghandi? Dhali Lama! Or Elvis! THAT would be a good one. Rosie has a blog, which I think is pretty neat, except for the way she writes. It is written as a poem, and sometimes I just want to read her thoughts in regular form, you know? But it is fascinating to watch how she comments on stuff going on in the news about her and Trump. What if God had a blog? I bet it would just have one post: "By the way, the human race is gettin' on my every last nerve!" :) I would love it if everyone in my family had a blog, like my Mom, Dad and sisters. My neice has one, and it is so neat hearing about her life on a day to day basis. Then I started thinking, what if my Doctor had one? Or my hairdresser? My psychologist! I could go on and on. To hear about life bubbling around me, and how all of the snippits fit together, like a William Faulkner novel. It would be interesting reading blogs from a bunch of people who experienced the exact same moment in time. I wonder how different it would be through their particular lens. Anyway, this is what I was thinking.

We invited our Mom to come to Ethiopia when the time comes to travel to meet our baby, and we are going to bring Ellie too. I really am so excited to have my mom there for this experience! It was so amazing having her there for the birth of Ellie, and she stayed for a few days with us afterwards. And it has been a lifelong dream of hers to travel to Africa. We have talked many times about travelling to Africa together, and now we can! She thought the tickets to Addis were going to be 10,000 bucks, and she was going to pay it!!!! Now THAT'S dedication!!! But in reality a return flight will likely be under 2000.00. We are very excited about it! In fact, I literally could not sleep last night day dreaming about us being there all together!

I fell asleep with the TV on, and Ellie (who was in our bed) woke up and asked me to please shut it off. Then in the morning she said, "Mom, you shouldn't have the TV on if you are sleeping, that's global warming!" I said, "I know, I am sorry." "Yeah,"she said to emphasise, "Wasting power is global warming, you shouldn't do that." I tried so hard not to laugh. Like Global Warming is the act , not the result!!! So darn cute~!

Our homestudy is done, but we have to get our criminal checks (again!), and fingerprinting (I got all of my stuff today) and then our SW can put it in our Homestudy and send it off to be signed. (again!) The issue is Regan is working and he may not be able to get to it right away. Sigh. Hopefully he can get there tomorro and we can get this thing on the road!!!!

The first group of Kidslink parents have their court date! Feb 1ST!! Then they travel on the 19th!!! What is fascinating about this is that we as adoptive parents do not go to court. We arrive in Addis, and the kids are already ours!! Isn't that fantastic!!! So when you see me post the details about our referral, about 6 weeks from then we will be travelling to get our child!! I am not sure how long it will take to get a referral, it could be months, but all so much more streamlined than Haiti. I can't wait to hear all about the first group of parents going, I am so thrilled for all of them! I am just getting to know them all on our yahoo list, and they are a terrifac bunch of people!

I must run and get motivated to get SOMETHING done today. I get stuck in front of the tube too darn often!

No comments: