Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration day!

Today Barack Obama gets inaugurated as the 44th president of the US! I am SO EXCITED! I seriously adore him. Every single interview I have seen with him I just adore him more. I hope he can live up to the gargantuan pressure he is under. Tonight is huge, and I can imagine it will be pretty entertaining to watch. Wow. What a day. I am so glad this happened in our lifetime! (I'm watching it right now, and it is VERY emotional. I mean you cannot help but cry. The moment is too big for words. I hope they replay the ceremony again and again so Ellie can watch it! Even Ayana is sitting in her fuzzy Elmo chair and watching! I kid you not!)

My neice babysat last night, and that was the first time, she is 18 and just an great young woman and Ellie has always adored her. She is such a great role model for our girls! Anyway, Ayana did great with her, and only cried for a nanosecond when I left, she was playing with them. In fact she did not make strange at all with her. I actually think she saw my neice as a "young person" instead of an "older person", do you know what I mean?

Ayana is talking all of the time now, and working hard to put words together. Her vocabulary is exploding just as I hoped it would. It's super cute!

Today I am going to try to get a grip on my disaster of a house and I'm just going to relax after the incredibly busy weekend of convention and yesterday.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

:)aj said...

we're watching the inauguration as well. Judah sat and watched and applauded. so awesome to witness it!