Saturday, December 20, 2008

Yucky

Sorry for the lack of posting, but I have been extremely sick! Sicker than I have been in many many years. At this point the docs are not sure if it is strep or what, but let me tell you, by Thursday night I was in extreme pain in my throat. So bad I literally could not sleep. No amount of drugs helped. Then Friday was hell. My whole body was literally in pain. I mean just totally incapacitated me. I went to the doctor and she said it was likely just a very very bad flu/virus. My throat, ears, body. I cried almost all day. It was awful. Thank God my parents put on their capes and came to my rescue many times over the last few days. And Regan was just wrapping yesterday so he was home by 4 in time to take over parental duties. You know the kind of sick I mean? Where you can't even enjoy the time alone in your comfy bed? Your just laying there wanting someone to kill you? ANYway, this AM I still felt horrible with a big lump in my neck that was extremely sore. I went back to a different doc and he said the same thing but gave me antibiotics to take once the test results come in on Monday. I started the antibiotics anyway. To make a looooong story short... I wish I had gotten my fricken flu shot!!!!

Anyway, poor me! LOL!! Ellie is feeling great, but her ear is still sore. She has about 4 days left on her perscription. Regan is starting to feel a bit off, so It's good that he's done work now. Ayana has been a bit over the top with her emotions, drooling and putting her hands in her mouth and today I felt around and I feel a molar near the surface. Poor little thing kept putting my finger back in her mouth so I could rub her gum.

She is getting so much better with her words! Today we were driving and I heard her say "guck" and looked back and she was pointing at a big truck! We haven't talked about trucks or pointed to any in weeks! I was very impressed! She is also getting better at using words along with her sign language, like when she signs "eat" she says the word "eat". She'll sign "more" and say "please". She is trying words right after us. She is combining some words, like "mommy tea" or "more cracker". She knows "mitten" and "kitty". She is probably up to about 30 words, which is a big relief. And I can tell she is gaining confidence with her words too. Sometimes you can actually see her little wheels turning. Tonight she wanted me to sit on the floor beside her, "da da da" she says which essentially means "here" as in "put that here" or "sit here". And Regan and I thought she wanted her Dada to sit. When he went to sit she got a bit irritated, and frustrated. She then looked at me and said, "da da da" with a question, and then she stopped herself and kind of looked up and then said, "mama da da da?" In other words, "I understand the da da (here) is the same word as dada meaning my dad, but I want MOMMY to sit so I better say "mama da da". It was pretty cool.

We are not going to Edmonton due to my sickness (we do not want Regan's dad to get this!) and the weather. I could not even imagine getting in a car and driving for 3 hours feeling like this.

Now that I have whined your eyes off, have a wonderful Saturday, and for the love of God, GET A FLU SHOT!! LOL!!!

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Feel better honey! The big guy comes in a few nights and Mommy needs to be on her game!!! Take care of yourself.

The Warren Family said...

That stinks!! Hope you feel better in time for Xmas!

Mamato2 said...

I am going on 2 months with pneumonia (though just the bitty bit of tail end now) so know how feeling awful can just make you want to sob.
You've mentioned a few blogs ago, that you think Ayana's language isn't where it could be for her age- I read on a blog recently of a mom who actually hired a speech lady for her 2 year old she felt had language delay, and the biggest recommendation was a lot of belly play (colouring on tummy, building while lying on tummy etc). I had never heard of this but her little Ethio-princess went from a handful of words, and mispronounced, to clear communication in only a few weeks. Personally, I can't get Mal to do ANYTHING on her tummy (she never went on it once, even before crawling!) for more than a minute, but maybe you could look this therapy up and see what you think, if you're still concerned. :)