Last night we all were settling in to watch Kung Fu Panda (again!), when I noticed that I hadn't seen the cat all day. We started to call out for her, and check all of the drawers and cupboards, I even opened a can of tuna VERY LOUDLY but to no avail. Then Regan said that she wasn't around the night before either. We all suddenly realized that she somehow had gotten out the day before. How sad is this that we didn't even notice our cat was missing for over 24 hours!!! Anyway, immediately Ellie started crying, and I was desperately trying not to. Even though she has escaped at least 3 times in the past, and always comes back (with us leaving a door open!), I always worry that that next time will be the last time. So, we started our usual routine of making a bed on the floor by the open inside garage door, and Ellie insisted she was going to sleep with me in this little space. She was getting into the excitement of making the bed and of Amy coming home in the wee hours. And then she looked at me with those big brown eyes full of tears and said with her little quivering voice, "I'm trying to see the positive side, Mom." What a little trooper. So with our bed made we and the door open a bit we started watching the movie. I could not even concentrate my heart was just so heavy. I adopted Amy about a year before I met Regan, and I love her so much, well, you know what I mean.
About a half an hour later, I just had this thought pop, "Wouldn't that be something if she just sauntered in like nothing happened?" And LITERALLY the next second, "MEOW!" We all gasped and simultaneously looked at each other with open mouths as we see our little old lady cat saunter in the room announcing her return! We all cried and hugged her, and gave her tuna, and then we moved the floor bed into the family room in front of the TV (which the dog immediately claimed) and watched the movie in complete happiness.
Sigh. I love a happy ending.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
YEAH! I'm glad she came back so quickly. We have an inside/outside cat and I am always SO sad when she stays away for a long time... It's always more fun to watch a movie with the whole family!
Good Girl Amy!!!
Glad to hear that she's back!! missing cats are NO FUN!!
Post a Comment