Monday, October 27, 2008

Not moving

Okay, so we've thought about it, talked about it, and w aren't moving for sure. To Regan it really doesn't matter where we live, (he's not to pro on the rain though) To me it's all about where I and my family lives. I love this city. Eventhough this morning on the front page of the Herald are the blaring Headlines "2 SHOT DEAD IN RESTAURANT SUNDAY AFTERNOON!!". It may be becoming a violent city, but it's aaaallll mine. I have lived here (with the exception of 2 years in BC) my whole entire life. We have roots here, and are building a life here. As for a vacation property, it's just too far, that's Regan's opinion. Anyway, I do love it here. And wouldn't feel at home anywhere else.

Today Ellie is back at school after a 2 week break. Wow, it's weird having to get her going and feeling that slight panic about being late again.


Have a great day!

3 comments:

Alicia said...

oh well. Maybe you can come to the island for a vacation?

Proudmama said...

Well, I guess I understand although it sure would have been lovely to have you out here in BC. Unless you're parents are willing to move with you, it wouldn't be worth it. We have very little family that lives close to us and it sucks.

Although living in a larger city brings about the greater likelihood of news headings like the one that you read this morning, the likelihood of your city being more multicultural is nice since you're a transracial family. There are benefits and negatives to every community. Hopefully you see more benefits to your own. :)

Courtney

Carol said...

Boo to no moving to an island. I was getting excited for you! But there is nothing like living near family. Wait, how would I know? Marissa and I are flying to Montreal again today!