Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Kidsphoto pics!





Here are the photos we had done at Kidsphoto a couple of weeks ago. I scanned them, and they must use a special kind of paper to prevent people from scanning because they turn out pretty degraded. But you get the general idea anyhow! Very cute! The one above is the one we are sending with our post placement this month.


Tonight we are going to BOO AT THE ZOO! When we went to the zoo last week they had some parts of the Prehistoric Park blocked off, but you could see zombies and ghouls hanging in the trees. I bet it's going to be awesome!

Ayana is adding some new words every few days, which is very exciting! Her newest one is "cheek". Every morning I have to put a special cream on her cheeks. And today, this is cool, everytime she reaches for my coffee cup or oatmeal bowl I say "hot" and put her hand on it. (It's not THAT hot, but I'm trying to teach her the difference between hot and cold.) and then I'll put her hand on something cold right after and say, "cold". So today I gave her a french fry and she held it and said, "hot". I said, "That's RIGHT!! It IS hot!" And they were pretty warm, almost too warm. And at the store today a baby was crying, and she looked at me suddenly and said "baby" except it sounds like "ba-ba". And her other new word is "shoes", except it sounds like "zshoos", like a soft z. So here are her words so far (I hope I can remember all of them.) Mama (could be me or Regan or Ellie, but getting to be more me), Dada (definately knows that one!), banana, milk, night night, bye bye, cookie, hot, shoes, socks, baby, puppy (it's really a kind of bark, but it means puppy to her), Ellie (sounds like Egip, but it's DEFINATELY Ellie), bath, book, cracker (sounds kind of like cookie), cake. So that's 17! That's better than I thought! And she still signs "bottle", "eat", "thank you" (she does this one without prompting now, which is very cute, it's like a "blow kiss"), please/more (it's the please sign with the actual spoken "more"). And if you add her signs with her spoken, that's 21 words!!! So when people ask (and they ask ALL of the time) Again she occasionally will put two words together, usually "more cookie" or "cake". "Is she talking yet?" I can say "YES!" Because that is pretty on par for her age! Yay Ayana!

Have a great day!


4 comments:

Sebrina Wilson said...

The pictures of the girls are so cute!!! Very beautiful!

Mamato2 said...

Oh she is sooo cute!!

Alicia said...

Good job with the words!

ellenhopes said...

Your girls are cute..as always. connie