Friday, September 12, 2008

Sarah Palin.... Huh.

Did anyone see Sarah Palin on ABC last night? If not, you can watch the first almost 10 minutes here:

Now I completely understand why there are keeping her away from the press and talk show circuit. Wow. I almost feel sorry for her. And to me, and this is just me talking, she basically said EXACTLY why she was chosen in the beginning of the interview, an almost fruedian slip. She was asked what her response was when John McCain asked her to be his running mate and here is what she said, "If you believe that I can help this ticket..." Ah HAH!! And then she quickly added, "and the help this country." She's very charismatic, for sure, she's pretty, she's smart in an everyday sense, but she is not VP material, in my opinion. And that interview was a clear example of why. And just for entertainment value, here is what Matt Damon had to say about it all:
Charlie Gibson was very hard on her, and I was so glad. He asked all of the questions we all want to know. And when he asked her if she had travelled outside of her country she said, Canada and Mexico. I would be embarrassed if I were in her shoes. Come ON. It is fascinating though. I wonder if this is why Stephen Harper decided to suddenly call an election? Right in the midst of all of this. Was he hoping that people just wouldn't pay attention? I just don't get it. Wasn't he going to be our PM for another year anyway? And now he's running again? And apparently according to the paper, we've had 3 federal elections in the last 4 years.. Huh??

Have a great day!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Hey there.

Still can't watch Palin - guess I can't avoid her forever (or can I?).

Loved Matt Damon's comments.

Karen

Jenn said...

I saw Matt Damon as well and couldn't help but laugh. It really is like some bad made for TV movie!

I find this election fascinating and find myself glued to CNN...as for Mr.Harper, he just puts me to sleep....

Louise said...

I agree...I almost choked on my Pepsi when he asked her about what they can take from being close neighbours to Russia and Russia's intent...and she was like hey we can see Russia from Alaska. I was like wth!!! HAHAHA....yeah and do you wave "helloooooo"
Matt Damon was hilarious..thanks for posting!
Louise
Ummm and it seemed to me she did not know what the Bush Doctrine was...ummmmmm aren't you in the same party?????
I too am glued to CNN

Danielle said...

Love, love LOVE Matt Damon's comments!! So true!

The Warren Family said...

I don't like this lady or Mccain. I watched the series of interviews and it confirmed my feeling again.

Please let it be Obama who gets in!
I did enjoy Matt Damon's video.