Here's the thing with the Twilight series. It is like an addiction. I can't stop reading them, and I am consumed with getting time to read them, and I quite frankly can't wait to be done them so I can have my normal life back. It's not that they are my most favourite books of all time, but I just HAVE to know what happens! Will she? Won't she? Will he? Will Carlisle? Will Alice? When? Will they? I can't say anything more or I will spoil it for anyone reading out there. I am about 1/4 of the way thru book 3.
I discovered, by accident, that there are blogs out there dedicated to books! BOOKS, PEOPLE! There are wonderful people out there who have blogs that are all about books, reading them, they have reviews, etc. I am VERY excited about this! As you all know by now, I have a unnatural "thing" about pages between two covers. So this is all very cool. Now I have more stuff to eat my time!
Speaking of eating up time. I am on the countdown to the NanoWrimo. In case you missed this, I signed up to participate in the write a book in a month thing. You have to write 50,000 words in 30 days. If you accomplish that, you get to say you won. Anyone that writes 50,000 words of a novel gets to win. There are no prizes. Your writing doesn't even have to be good. Chances are it won't be. Chances are it will be very very bad. But at the end of it all you will have a bare bones manuscript that you can work with, or use to make paper airplanes... your choice. I am very excited, albiet not looking forward to the tendinitus I will likely acquire. I do have a story idea, but I am not going to share as I may not do it on that at all. I am telling you guys this to keep myself from throwing in the towel. Nothing like telling your friends and family what your up to and then failing miserably due to lack of motivation. Nothing like a little public humiliation to get your fingers on the keys, is all I'm sayin'. It starts November 1st. So I have been doing some research so that at the end of it all I may actually have something to work with when I am done.
I have such great blogger/e-mail/yahoo list adoptive buddies. I really do. Thanks guys for commenting, you're the best!
We did not go to the picnic afterall. I had a crappy night of sleep (as I said before) and so we literally stayed in pj's all day (even the baby stayed in her sleeper) and we played more boardgames, video games, watched Shrek 2, and really just lazed around all day. Regan was out at some motorcycle thing so it was just the girls. It was wonderful! I hope everyone had a great time at the picnic!
Today is laundry day, every Monday is laundry day. I usually do not clean until Tues. So, Mondays are a nice ease into the week. I usually watch "Frasier" DVD's, knit or do Word searches, or read while the laundry is perculating. And then Tues is cleaning day. Wed is errand day, and Thursday too most likely. I still have not done my spring cleaning, except for that ONE bathroom. I know, pathetic. I could have at least done a junk drawer, for heaven's sake, SOMETHING! I think that is the one and only thing that wears me down being at home day in and day out are the endless major cleaning/purging/organizing projects that are constantly staring me down around here. I think Regan finally gets it. I told him that I HAVE to take the weekends OFF from MY job, which means I do not A) Clean (unless we are having people over and it needs a touch -up) B) Do errands C) discuss anything to do with the previous 2 items.
Speaking of things that are wearing me down, I have lost a pair of Yoga pants. And not just any Yoga pants... LULU LEMON YOGA PANTS.' Now most of you women probably know the significance of this statement. And for any of my male readers out there (Hi Robin!), if you told your wife/girlfriend that I lost Lulu lemon yoga pants, you will probably be met with an audible gasp, which means that your wife/girlfriend has likely forked out a HUNDRED BUCKS for stretchy pants. Thaaaat's right, stretchy pants. Anyway, it is beyond a mystery to me. I had them before we went to Edmonton a couple of weeks back, I never took them to Edmonton, but I thought about it. Now I can't find them.. ANYWHERE. What cruel universe makes me lose a pair of PANTS, of all things. I mean pants are not a small item, like say a thong (not that I wear those, but you get my meaning.) Mysterious.
Have a terrifac, fabulous, day EVERYONE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Oh no!!! Not Lululemon's!!! I would be so upset :( I have 5 pair so not only have I shelled out $100.. I have shelled out $500 (My husband doesn't read this does he? lol)
I'm impressed with the way you take the weekends off. I do sometimes, but often on Sunday afternoons I feel that if I get laundry done then I can take Monday off... then Monday comes and I find something else to do. OK so I did gardening today, which doesn't really count as a job in my eyes, but still, it would be good to make a concious effort to rest more on the weekends maybe, then I would be able to drag myself out of bed a little earlier on Mondays. Maybe.
Don't worry, you'll find your pants, I always do, about 2 months later after I've bought another pair, then you have 2!
My husband got me some MEC pants that are very much yoga like and lulu lemon like, so if you want a similar alternative, you could check there, not sure on the price though. In the meantime, I sure hope you find them!!
Ugh! Lost Lulus bad news. I heart Lulus! I love them and they aren't just stretchy pants that are made of a mystical fabric that makes all butts look slammin'!! Which brings me to my next point, if you're going to wear them you MUST wear thongs because VPL (visible panty lines) ruins the whole lululemon viewing experience....
Oh, and my husband has a pair of them too, they are his favourite pants and he wears them tons! He was mad when I bought them for him cause he thought that the price was ridiculous but now he adores them. This morning when he got up he put them on and I said "Oh you're going to wear your lulus to school" And he said "NO that would be fatal" HeeHee he's an electrician (he's doing a school term right now) and his reputation would be severely tarnish is he showed up to school in them. He'd probably end up getting a swirly or something equally as vicious! LOL
Happy searching and good luck!
Lisa...Darling. Did you check Ellie's drawer? Sometimes, when Dorrien is "helping" me he puts away the laundry. Then for weeks I hear comments like..."Mommy, are you sure these are MY undies?" and Tessa walks out of her room with my underwear around her ankles. NICE. Oh...the men with the "helping".
Just a thought!
Post a Comment