Friday, August 1, 2008

Grade 4~!

My oldest "baby" started grade 4 today. Sniff!! Grade 4 is the first grade that I really really remember, you know? I remember my teacher Mrs. Monk, she inspired my love (read: obsession) of reading and books. Everything. The house is so empty without Ellie in it. Sigh. We regret every single year putting her in year round. We thought because the film "season" is mostly busy in the summer, that having the extra weeks off in the winter would work for our holidays. But Regan and I have both mostly worked in the fall, winter, spring months and had lots of time off in the summer. 5 weeks just is not enough time to really enjoy summer. We took 3 week of holidays, and then the other 2 weeks we did some things, and then "poof"... back at school. But now that she has all of her friends we would never dream of switching her. Oh well, we make the best of it! I really miss having her around, even when she drives me batty. I love having my kids around me. Sigh. (again)

I removed my e-mail, but if you have not let me know if you want to continue you can comment and leave me your e-mail and I will not publish your comment. (Thank you to the many people that very enthusiastically asked to continue reading!! *blush* )

Regan went on yet another motorcyle trip today with a couple of buddies for the entire long weekend to the states. Aren't I the best wife ever?? I really don't mind. At least I think I don't. Although judging by the dream I had last night where I was literally screeching hysterically at him in a blind rage how furious I was that he was taking yet another trip, while I am at home taking no trips of my own only because I do not own a motorcycle. I kid you not. Yikes. Perhaps there is a festering resentment there? Who knows. I enjoy the time to myself, for sure, but have to admit would like to do a trip away myself which I have not done for ages. My BF and I were thinking of actually flying away somewhere this year to celebrate turning the big 4-0, New York or LA. I love LA. I used to go there at least once a year. I went twice when I was pregnant. Feels strangely like home to me. Santa Monica anyway.

Today I am just takin' it easy. May start a knitting thing, haven't had one going in awhile.

Have a great day everyone!

No comments: