There is a new "reality" show called.... get this.... CELEBRADABRA. Thaaaaat's right. It has a bunch of complete has-beens "training" to be "magicians!" I actually watched the first 5 minutes, but had to shut it off in total disgust and embarrasement when C. Thomas Howell tried to perform his "street magic" to some poor old guy, and failed miserably. OMG. SO LAME! What's next? Celebrities performing vasectimies? Celebrity astronauts? Celebrity priests? What GIVES, people!!!! Due to the complete lack of "quality" reality tv on lately, I have been addicted to..... I can't believe I am admitting to this..... The Bachelorette. This is BY FAR the BEST SEASON YET. (Do I sound familiar? Hint: the host guys ALWAYS says this) But seriously, I think part of why it is so good this time around is they are speed televising it for some unknown reason. It only started 3 weeks ago and they are already down to the final 3. One reason they are already down to that many guys is because each episode is 2 hours long! And there are no commercials in the first hour, only these weird little PSA's for local happenings. I have to say, I was SHOCKED when she dumped Graham. Obviously she was crazy about him, and vise versa, but he was pretty closed mouth the entire time. And she has to lighten up, for God's sake! She can be SO intense sometimes! And who calls anyone Dee- aah-na. Last I heard, Deanna was pronounced Dee- anna. Not Dee- aah-- na. Anywho, my favourites are Jesse (omg, so so so funny!) and Jeremy. And how much alike do Jeremy and Jason look???!! Tonight, of course, is Hells Kitchen, and Deadliest Catch. I think I'm already having a hot flash.
Ayana did something really cute today, in the midst of her complete and utter cranky self today. I was cleaning the tub and she was in the bathroom, and I hurt my finger and said, "Ouch!" (Okay, it was "Ouch!" and then a string of 5 dollar swear words but you get my meaning.) And then I felt her little hand patting me on the back and when I looked at her she had her little head tilted sideways with this very worried expression still patting my back!!! Just THINKING about it makes me want to cry! Isn't that the sweetest thing???? And here comes some more bragging about how quick this kid is. Lately, (remember I said that she will tell me when she has to do the #2 business downstairs? And she will go on the potty a lot of the time if I put her on there at the right time?) Well, lately I have been suspecting that she was telling me that she has just gone #1, but wasnt' sure. I thought maybe she was getting her equipment mixed up down there. So, for the last 2 days I have been checking. And about 3 times right after changing her so her diaper was dry, she patted her front and gave her little whining sound as she is patting it, and I check and she had JUST PEED!!!!! CAn you even believe it????? I usually say "Oh, did you just pee?" So she gets the word, and then I change her and she usually gets very happy, like she is happy I understand what she is trying to say. What a girl! She still is not saying very many words. She says "Bye bye" for sure, and bath, sometimes she says "all done". But for the most part she uses sign language. I taught her the sign for "please" the other day, and she immediately gets it. But when I try to get her to SAY the word, forget it. She just cannot mimic the sounds coming out of my mouth. I have to admit that worries me a little. I am going to keep an eye, or I should say EAR on that. She is almost 15 months and I think she should be able to at least get the sound close, but she really struggles with it, and usually sits down kind of embarrased. So I let it go. Sign language is fine for now, and eventually I'm sure she'll start getting it, but I am not in the dark about keeping my eyes and ears peeled for any red flags.
Ellie is almost done school, and I seriously can't wait. It'll be so nice to do some fun stuff like zoo, and science center, and calaway, etc.
Have a great night everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am not even ashamed to admit that I love The Bachelorette! I am so glad Graham is gone, he was a complete dink. If that is his best impression, can you imagine how dinkish he gets when he is not trying to impress? yikes....i have to say I love Jason, the single dad. He is so sweet and I actually cried when he saw his son in the park! I know..lame old me. Jeremy is a tool...too boring.
Post a Comment