Thursday, June 19, 2008

Drop Dead Georgous

What would you do for money? Would you work at a dangerous job for it? Apparently a few select people will. There is a wicked show called "Deadliest Catch" on the Discovery Channel. Regan had told me about it a long time ago, and I was half listening while knitting mmm...hmmmm-ing him as he was yammering on endlessly about it. "It's so cool, Hon, these guys, I mean, holy crap, they are on this boat all night, in HUGE waves, getting knocked around fishing for crab.... blah blah..." You know, on and on. It sounded remotely cool, I guess, a small part of my listening brain acknowledged. So, Tuesday night, with no Dancing with the Stars in sight, I was channel surfing. I caught the last half of Hell's Kitchen, they are down to the final 2 now. And I can say without a doubt that Gordon Ramsey is S-E-X-Y! OMG. HELLO! I think it has something to do with the yelling, the cursing, and rage, and then he turns the charm up to eleven. HOT. After that was over, I flipped around and saw this boat being pummeled by 50 foot swells, and guys in bright orange rain suits getting flung around like rag dolls on deck. WHAT is this? I thought. It was the "Deadliest Catch" and arguably one of the MOST addicting shows to watch. Now I am hooked, forgive the pun. I read a week or so ago, that this show has become extremely popular, and I can see why. It is so fascinating how these men (and they are MEN, strong, wild, totally with the biggest cajones ever!), will live this way to make money. And no doubt they make A LOT of it. And not only that, suddenly these burly trucker looking guys are all HOT and SEXY. This phenomenon is not unknown to those of us of the feminine pursuasion. Be it money, or fearlessness, it all gets our mojo goin'. Think Donald Trump as a bull rider. Nooooowww your gettin' it. Suddenly, I was finding myself attracted to guys with mullets. Yes, you read that right, m-u-l-l-e-t-s. This one captain had a huge bear belly, a beard, was probably in his 50's, but YUMMY. These are tough guys. Am I ovulating? That might be the only logical explaination. Check it out. Very very cool.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to one of my dearest friends of over 30 years, ANGIE!! WOOT!!!

Have a great day, everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOu are way too funny! THis post made me laugh out loud...which wasn't too great since Judah is napping in the next room! Maybe I'll have to check this show out myself.....come over to the 'mullet' side!! :):)

Danielle said...

"Am I ovulating?" - You are hilarious Lisa! I've seen the show and its pretty cool. I definitely don't find the guys sexy though (due to the Mullets mostly). Glad you are enjoying it though! :-)

Sebrina Wilson said...

Hahaha, this is so funny!