Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Law of attraction... when you don't want it!

So, tell me if any of you have ever experienced this. In particular you fellow migraine sufferers out there. Yesterday there was a migraine commercial on, which got me thinking that it has been awhile since I had one. Which led me to start thinking that now that I thought of it, I will probably get one. For some reason this is usually the case. Low and behold, yesterday at the tail end of the Science Centre trip, I got a doosy. And then yesterday I was talking to my Mom about how sometimes I can't sleep (she is the same way) and how sometimes for no particular reason I get up every single hour all night long. And last night... ugh. Sure enough. In fact I think that the mind is so powerful, if Ellie ever says to me, "Mom, I bet I'll wake up at (fill in the blank)" I usually tell her to make sure she says outloud the ACTUAL time she wants to wake up, because if she doesn't her brain will listen and wake her up at whatever time she actually says. In fact, now that I've typed all of this, I am trying desperately to reverse the nosleep migraine train of thought as we speak!

Ellie is having a friend over. Yay! I don't have to play wii today!!!! Ayana has been very fussy the last couple of days. I think she is cutting another tooth. She is driving me batty! Thank God she still has two solid naps during the day, and last night she slept for 12 and a half hours!!!! I have a friend who wrote on her blog that when her son is cranky how she can't help but be cranky, and I couldn't agree more. And the reverse is probably true. If I am cranky then both my kids are too. You know the saying, "If Mama ain't happy, nobody's happy."

Have a great day!

PS : oh and about the Sesame STreet alien clip below. Ayana and I were showing Ellie how Ayana holds the mouse and I help her click on the Sesame Street website, and there was one of the Yip Yip aliens with the gi-normous mouths. I started laughing and had to show Ellie the clip on you tube. She had never seen them. SO FUNNY! Our favourite part is when there is a close up of the phone and the one Yip's eyes come into the frame. OMG! LMAO!!!

1 comment:

Carol said...

I LOVE the yip yips, I was actually thinking the other day of trying to buy DVDs of the old Sesame street, they were the best.

Of migraines... I don't get them, but my mom does, and she won't talk about them, because it will give her one. Too wierd. What's with all the bizzaar stuff going on with your brain this week? first the dreams, then the sleep...