
Soooo, it's 9:55 PM and EVERYONE is asleep. All of my kids (I include Regan in that bunch). And I am in a nice and QUIET house. This is one of my favourite times of day. Even the animals are asleep. Nobody needs a thing. Not one person needs one thing. And right now I am partaking in one of my absolute obsessions... checking on all of my favourite knitting blogs. They are so incredible. And very very inspirational.
I have been actually getting A LOT of knitting done. The sweater I was making for Ayana is a cable thingy, and adorable, but requires constant pattern watching and counting and attention. Her blanket is at the sew up stage, and not exactly what I would call knitting. So, before we left for Ethiopia I dug thru my knitting "to do" pile and found an old sweater pattern that I have been dying to make. It is a large cardigan tie up number with a georgous shawl collar. I am doing it in black. People have said that it is hard to knit in black, but I'm not finding it that bad. Before we left I had only the left front done, now I have the right front, back and one sleeve done. DONE I TELL YOU!!! And now I am about 1/4 of the way thru sleeve number two. Then I just have to do the collar, pockets and belt and it will be ready just in time for the perfect weather for it. (Photo of cover with said sweater on the front.)
The other thing I love about knitting blogs, is usually these women are damn funny. Not only that they also have some pretty fine crossover to other things like cooking and baking. A lot of them design their own stuff too, like this georgous number that I am going to make over the summer just in time for fall. Helloooo!! Is that not just a BEAUTY????!!! The only problem is that it will probably be expensive. Each sweater usually costs upwards of 80 to 100 bucks. But I actually do wear them. One of my all time favs is my very first adult size sweater (man's) in a soft cotton denim (means color, not fabric) it is my comfort sweater. Anywho, I am going to update my fav links to the left there someday soon with some of my all time favourite knitting blogger chickies.
Knit on.

2 comments:
The fact that you can make these things is just not fair!!
Wow.. That is one gorgeous sweater!!!! Now I want one, but all I can knit is a scarf :)
When all the kids are in bed is also my favorite time of the day.
Post a Comment