Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Tag! I'm it!

Sooo, I was tagged by my good friend Jaclyn. And since I have only had 3 hours sleep this should be interesting.

10 Random things about me:

1. I am severly claustrophobic. It is extremely annoying. I can't help it. It has made me miss many cool things in my life. For example - in Germany I was unable to climb up the tower of the Cathedral in Koln, the stairs were narrow (all 550 of them!) and it was jammed with people, I mean the 5 minutes I lasted you were back to front people in this tiny narrow stairway. The estimated time of ascent was 30 minutes. I freaked out and went back down.

2. I LOVE to drive a standard. All of my vehicles have been stick shift.

3. I love it in the winter when it is mostly dark. When it is black out by 430pm I am very happy. I think having sunlight until 1030 at night is annoying.

4. My weakness right now is Salsa Spoons. Without exaggerating, I go thru a bag a week. Two, if I am PMS-ing.

5. I will buy books if I like the cover.

6. I actually like driving in snowy conditions, I find it challenging.

7. I have always had a secret desire since I was young to do the splits. I don't know why. when I was younger I used to do gymnastics on my own at home, but never mastered the splits. Someday I would still like to do them. Splits. What a funny word. (I told you I was tired.)

8. I was married before. (some of you know this already). He's an idiot. And is now an RCMP. I have no idea how he got thru that security check.

9. I cannot stand the feel of corduroy. Just the thought makes my skin crawl. I can WEAR corduroy pants, I just can't touch them with my hands.

10. Some sounds also make my skin crawl - IE: the sound of ice clinging in a glass, the sound of a slowly crunching chip bag or popcorn bag, or any kind of candy bag (sends me thru the roof!), the sound of Regan sliding his teeth over his fork with every bite... I mean come ON!

So that's me.

Last night I watched American Idol and Dancing. I have to say that this is my least favourite season of Idol. Most of the contestants are terrible, or incredibly smug. I love the way David Cook sings, but he is so arrogant it is just annoying. Simon hit the nail on the head when he said his performance was smug. And most of the girls just can't sing very well. I like Brooke, though, the girl with the long blond hair. And Amanda? Enough of the Janis Joplin already! I LOVE Michael Johns. Mostly because I think he is georgous. But I love the sound of his voice. Last night wasn't great, and he looked thouroughly p-oed at Simon for saying so! Dancing was FANTASTIC!!! Christi Yamaguchi and Marlie Matlin were INCREDIBLE!!! I actually cried when Marlie was done. Not only did she win and oscar for acting, but she did an amazing job of dancing last night. What an empowering woman! Priscilla was great too. You can tell everyone is just in awe of her. All the women were pretty good for the first round. I can't believe I have to wait till next week to watch it again. The only down side, is it is on so late on Tuesdays. I did not get to sleep until after 1, and then the stupid cat woke me up at 4AM. (She meows incessantly sometimes). I lay there awake and then at 430AM Ayana started. I kept going in and comforting her, patting her tummy, tucking her back in, stroking her face, but as soon as I left she would resume screaming. So by 545 AM we were downstairs. Once she had a bit of her bottle and was in her excersaucer, within about 20 minutes she was actually falling asleep in it!!! I looked up from my paper and she was nodding off! I just had to laugh. She perked up again and smiled at me. I read another article and then looked up again and her head was back and she was sleeping! I picked her up and put her to bed. I have no idea how naps are going to work today. I'll just have to wing it. Normally she is like clockwork, up at 7, nap at 9, up again at 11 ish, nap at 1pm up at 3 bedtime 7pm and repeat.

Have a great day everyone!

PS I am tagging: Carol (Marissa's Mommy), Cindy (my niece), and Laurie (C and N's Mommy)

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I cannot stand Amanda, what is she saying?? It all sounds like a very throaty scream to me!

Anonymous said...

Love the "10 things", Lisa.... I especially laughed at the "chip bag crinkle sound".... :)

Sounds like you had a long night... I hope you get a chance to rest today.