Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Holy fricken' moly

Okay, so you KNOW something very bad must have happened for me to not blog for almost an entire week!!! Well, Thursday (VAlentines Day) came in with a very lovely Chinook, and in rolled one of the worst headaches/migraines of my entire life... ever. So by 11AM I phoned my Mom and just barely uttered 3 little words... "I need you." And like super woman/Grandma/Mommy she came flying over and completely took over while I slunk upstairs in the darkness. I could hear her as she was chatting with Ayana and making Ellie Mac and Cheese. It reminded me of when she stayed with us for the first week after Ellie was born. I was dying in pain with my head but somewhere in the painfree part of my brain (if there was one) I was enjoying listening to her chat and work and it was just awesome. Then Ellie went for a playdate and my Dad came over too and I could hear both of my parents having a great time with Ayana. What a lucky girl! Then her Daddy came home! By this time the headache was beginning to release slightly so I put Ayana down for her nap, and my parents left and to make a long story short it is now 6 days later and the headache is still here. But the headache is about 80% less than what it has been. Friday was better, but Sat and Sund were a total write off, and Monday too, come to think of it. Anyway, I am a long sufferer of these things and try everything. But yesterday a friend of ours recommended something I had never heard of in over 20 years of having migraines. She suggested "Reactin" for a chinook migraine. She could have said, "troll snot" and I would have tried it, but Reactin is less repulsive. So the only Reactin I had was kiddy stuff so I took a bunch. And low and behold about 30 minutes later I felt better! So today that is all I took. And basically the headache originates in my shoulders and neck due to suddenly having a 20 pound baby to lug everywhere. And the chinook of course. So needless to say blogging was not up there in my list of things to do. "Seeing" in general was iffy at best, never mind trying to think of something to write. I will write more tomorro provided the headache is still minimal.

Have a great evening.

6 comments:

shaunak said...

Gosh...I know exactly what you are talking about! I hope you get some relief soon.
I was desperate enough to try Botox (which didn't work for the migraine but left me with a wrinkle free forehard and scalp!) so trying Reactin seems less drastic!
Migraines are the worst!

Dianne said...

Yikes, Lisa. The Chinooks get my head throbbing, but nothing like what you described. Glad to hear you're feeling better!

Don't Mess With Mommy said...

I too suffer from hellacious migraines. Have you tried Botox injections? It is the only thing that works for me, and I also have tried it all. When a headache does break through, I take a couple Vicadin (lovely stuff, I must say), and all is well.

:)aj said...

are you talking about allergy "reactine"? 'cause if so, i'm soooo going to try that the next time. this has got to be the worst chinook (week long)headache i've experienced yet! i thought maybe Tom Cruise came by, labeled you an "SP" and blocked your blog ;)

Proudmama said...

Oh Lisa, that sounds awful. I too suffer from migraines so I can relate. I hope that you feel better and I can't wait to hear what your two girls have been up to! Oh- you and Reagen too of course! LOL!

Courtney

Mamato2 said...

My neti pot has sooo helped my migraines!! Give it a whirl- uh, drip! lol