Monday, December 3, 2007

Not that I am counting or anything...

As of tomorro it will be 17 weeks since our court date. It's kind of interesting that my neice who is pregnant is 16 weeks along! Kind of neat! I have not heard anything regarding the pouch yet, obviously I'll let you know as soon as I know anything.

It is freaking cold today! This AM it was -24 C, and with the windchill -27 C and in some areas
-30!!! The furnace is constantly on today, our house is very toasty. Me likey.

The cold is also an important point around here as Regan just flew to Fort McMurray to shoot some helicopter stuff for a movie called "Burn Up". He will be camera operating out of an OPEN door of a helicopter!!!! In this cold!!!!! Of course he has all of the extreme weather gear as he has actually worked in very very cold temps (we both have, but he beats me). The coldest was in Sask on a show where windchill temps dropped to an alarming -45 degrees C. People did get frostbite that day (on the tiny sections of skin usually between the gloves and sleeves) and they could not keep the cameras from freezing up. Everyone was dumb founded as to why they would keep shooting. But they did. It was hell... at least the "frozen over" kind of hell. Anywho, so it should be interesting to hear how that all goes. He is more worried about the camera freezing up than himself and the other guy with him who will be strapping him in so he can stand on the "skis" of the helicopter and hang outside the thing. I'm not kidding, it's insane. Keep your fingers crossed for my hubby, and extra prayers that he makes it home safely!

I may or may not work on the mural today. I haven't really done much in there. In fact, I have to admit feeling a little bit sad whenever I am in Ayana's room lately. But today I think I may spend some nice time in there.

I have just contacted our MP with regards to Ayana's immigration and her assistant sent me the "request for help" form. It feels great to be proactive this way! And they must get a lot of immigration type questions and followups to have a form made up! I hope that she can get some answers that our agency is unable to get at this point.

The knitting is coming along, I have also started a beautiful sweater/coat for myself in black with this lovely soft yarn. I have finished the back of Ayana's sweater and am now working on the left front. It is a speedy pattern and once you get the hang of the cable pattern it is a breeze.

Anyway, have a great day!

No comments: