Thursday, December 20, 2007

Bedtime shinannigans

Oh will the hilarity never end! This is actually very funny. To me anyway, but I am sure many of you ladies out there can relate. So I am the one that puts Ellie to bed, unless I am out for the evening. (Which happens usually when the moon is in the seventh sun and Jupiter is aligned with Mars... you get the picture). ANYway, so she is in a teasy-teaserton kind of a mood... and I... am not. She's hiding on me, you know, giggling, it's all very cute in a super annoying "I want to have Mommy time like yesterday" kind of a way. So I finally said, "That's IT!! --- Hon, you put her to bed because I am not putting up with all this crap tonight." To which Regan replied in a loud voice, "Ellie! You better get ready, because I am putting you to bed and apparently I AM putting up with all this crap tonight." So off they went, and about 30 seconds later she was back in our bedroom with a grin apologizing. While I was reading to her, I seriously could not stop laughing. I kept hearing Regan's voice in my head, and it was a "church" moment. You know, when you are trying not to laugh and you can't help yourself? I finally just burst out laughing and so did Ellie and it was just funny all around.

He really is funny.

Damn him.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

I love that you call it a "church" moment! The worst is when you're trying not to laugh during communion... so embarassing!