
Today our little Ayana turns 8 months old! Can you believe it??!! Wow, 8 months. What a little dolly!! I have no new pics to post, so I will just continue on with the theme week instead... Mchotty.


I remember Patrick Dempsey in the 80's, he often played "the geek", and then I saw him years later in some movie and thought, "Holy crow! Has HE ever changed!" Some men just get better looking with age, my hubby is one of those people too, I love the fact that his hair is getting grey, and he has crows feet. Another person who got better looking, and this is just me talking here, is Steve Martin... yu-mmy! Plus he is damn funny, which to me is an extremely attractive trait. Another one who has suddenly blossomed into older-boy goodlooking is Leanardo DiCaprio... He just looks more manly and dapper, you know? Anyway, this is one of my favourite pics of PD. I must say though, there are slim pickin's on the net for anything other than the standard head shot or upper body shot of this guy. With Gerry Butler there are literally hundreds of shots to choose from and all are very different. Anyway, I am NOT complaining though, still a very nice perk up on this majorly snowy day.
I haven't heard from our agency yet, but still feel a lot better about everything. I'll post again if I hear anything today.
I am in the process of knitting the cutest little sweater for Ayana, it is from the Adorable Knits for Tots book by Zoe Muller. There is quite a bit of controversy about this book as there are quite a few errors in it, which are not uncommon in knitting books I found out recently, but usually there is somewhere on the web you can pick up the errors to correct the pattern, but in this case people have had to contact the publisher directly. Anyway, at first I thought this pattern had an error because I just couldn't get the left side cable thingy to turn out right. So after tearing it apart twice and starting from scratch I finally had it figured out. But you have to be on the ball for this one, because if you get distracted to much it is easy to make one little mistake and it will affect the whole piece. So as a result I have had to pick it apart stitch by stitch 3 times, up to 10 rows!! It is a good piece to practice patience, I tell you! But the design is stunning, and it is very satisfying and fascinating to me that two sticks and some yarn can do something like that! Wow. What is pictured here is the back, and I had to go down a whole needle size to get the gage, and I probably could have gone down another size, but this way it will fit Ayana for next fall. I couldn't get the orange, which would have been so cute next to her skin, but the deep red is pretty too, and will look very nice. The only problem is that it is incredibly addicting and I am not getting a whole lot done lately!
Now onto Dancing with the Stars... um.... What was Marie Osmond thinking with that uber disturbing Doll dance???? Yikes! That was beyond weird! And was it just me? Or was she incredibly defensive last night, which is so unlike her! In fact, I was so put off by how combative she was being with the judges I would not vote for her. Mel B and Max were amazing as usual, and so was Helio and Julia. I am so excited for tonight, and am wondering how I am going to fill in this Mon/Tues void!! :) Survivor just ain't cutting it anymore! I need to get a life.
Have a great day!!

5 comments:
Happy 8 month Birthday Ayanna! Today is Zia's 6 month birthday too and its sort of sad. :-(
LOVE your knitted sweater!! I hope you will post pics of the finished product!!!
try the Biggest Loser! The best show ever!!!
Happy birthday sweet Ayana and I am so sorry she is not home with you!!
McDreamy is soooo hot!!!!!!!!!
And that sweater is adorable!!
I missed this post somehow! Happy b-day sweet baby girl.
And, yes, Marie was ULTRA disturbing and I thought Bruno described it very well! lol
Lisa - my mom has this book and is knitting something from it for Marissa of course, do you know the site where you can get the correstions? Thanks!
Post a Comment