Saturday, October 13, 2007

Neat!

Okay, so here I am IN MY CAR surfing the net!! My work gave me an air card to use during the shoot, and I wanted to test it to make sure that it worked. And here I am, updating my blog, while I am waiting for Ellie who is at her choir practice for the next 3 hours. So neat! And Regan bought me this cool little thing you plug into your lighter thingy, and you can plug 12 volt stuff into it, like my computer! So I don't need to get an adapter cord, AND i don't have to worry about losing my data while I am working at the end of the week in my car! I know, small things amuse me.

Sooo, none of us got any medicals or visas in the pouch on Friday. I am trying not to let it get me down. I am SO grateful I am busy with work, as much as a pain in the rear this show is going to be. Once we are shooting tomorro, I will not have time to think of much else. Now I am praying that Ayana will be home by Christmas! If not then, than I am praying she will be home for her 1st birthday!!! I am not sure what is taking immigration so long, I think it is probably because of the amount of children being adopted from Ethiopia has risen dramatically, and that is going to slow things down somewhat. I hope that we are going to adopt more children, though, and by then the new law will be in place and the wait will be significantly shorter then. We hope! Regan still would like "his" boy! And like I said, we always wanted a big family. He is a bit worried about the fact that he is now approaching his mid 40's. Oh well.... my thing is let's get this baby home and then we can think about the next one if any.

This movie is going to be tough for my position for one reason... not enough trailers. Let me give you an example. On Wednesday, we have 15 actors in... 15... not really a lot, I have had a hell of a lot more on other shows. However.. I have get this.... 7 rooms. One of these actors has a baby and so she gets her own nice trailer. Otherwise all of the others, did I mention there are 14 left then? have to be crammed into these extremely old and crappy and very very very small rooms, what we call "honeywagon" rooms. The reason they are called "honeywagon" is because they are a part of this huge semitrailer that has our AD office in it, those rooms, and the bathrooms... hence the name. Anywho, normally I would have the honeywagon PLUS a single travel RV for the lead actor, and then these kind of gussied up horse trailer type things that are like trailer duplexes for the other cast that are higher up on the call sheet. Then, the day players, or people in for a day or two, get the honeys. I warned (in a joking, but serious way) the cast that I met yesterday, "Wait until you see the glamour. The GLAMOUR." And we all laughed. They know. All of these guys have worked on tons of stuff, and they know it's a pilot and the money is just not there. But I know that some of them will not be happy they are sharing. These rooms are small. A little bigger than the average bathroom. Oh well, we'll get thru it!

I am sitting in my car, as I said, and have a pile of books beside me. Once I finish my worky stuff I am going to read. READ I TELL YOU!!! I have with me today: Eldest (the sequel to Eragon), Bill Clinton's Giving, Giving the love the Heals by Harville Hendrix, Stephen Lewis' Race against time, and the Start Late finish rich book by David Bach. I didn't think I would read from all of them, but I just couldn't decided what I would want to read for the 3 hours I have to wait, so I brought a selection.

Have a great week everyone! If I have time I may drop a line on my blog from work.

4 comments:

DEBRA said...

Hi Lisa,

The worst part of the wait for us was waiting for immigration. I am not sure why it takes so long for some and others seem to breeze through. I think it depends on whose desk your file ends up on. Anyway the end is near....or should I say really the beginning is getting close.

Cheers
Debbie

Jenn said...

I just read Bill Clinton's book, it was great!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa,

I hope that this job keeps you so busy that before you know it it's Friday, and you recieve the greatest news about Ayanna's medical!!!

Jenn said...

Hope this week keeps you busy and steers your thoughts away from that pouch!! We are being told we may have some good news this week...we are told 99% so I am sure we will be in the 1%...

keep you posted.