Saturday, October 27, 2007

Done!!




I'M DONE!!! Thank you to all who have given me encouragement over the past 2 weeks. I know it was ONLY 2 weeks, but it felt like a lifetime to all of us. I got home at 6am and was up at 11, but it's okay, I am positively giddy over being done the show. I will miss everyone, of course, but am happier to be home and begin official "nesting"! Here are a few more pics of our darling baby girl!

One of the actresses on our show, Michelle Harrison, just a georgous sweet and amazing woman, was preparing for her scene last night with her i-pod in. She said to me, "I have to play you this song!". She told me it was written by this blues artist Keb' Mo' who with his wife had adopted a baby. It's called "I'm your mother too." So I walked away from the "circus" (where all of the trailers are) and it was around midnight. I bawled and bawled. I am going to try to post it so you can hear it. Anyway, I was looking up at the full moon and the stars and the black night and just really felt the gift she had given me. She told me (she is a Christian) that she heard that song a long time ago and she had prayed that the Lord would tell her who to "give" the song to one day. And here I was. Just after I finished listening to it we hugged, I cried and so did she. And then the weirdest thing happened. Regan (who NEVER leaves set, EVER.) strolls up right behind me at the circus (which was a drive from set) at that very moment. Her and I just looked at each other, and I said, "Well, look at that.". And so he listened to it too. He walked away and was standing there with the ipod in his hand and his other hand in his pocket, so I went up and we stood there arm in arm and looked at the night sky and thought about our Ayana while he listened. It was a beautiful moment, I am tearing up just thinking about it now. We are so very lucky and blessed to have Ayana and Ellie both in our lives, and to have each other. We are in such a happy place right now, all is right in the world for us. Finally.

Have a great Saturday.

2 comments:

Mamato2 said...

Lisa, she is beyond precious! And looks like they did shave her head, but it is coming back lovely! :)
I so hope you have her right there with all of you for Christmas.
Blessings to you, Regan and your lovely little ladies.

Is Eight Enough? said...

Lisa,

Your little girl is a doll!! Won't be long now!

Blessings,