Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Not just your ordinary lunchbox!




Yesterday I got our shipment of our Global Reach Children's Fund lunchboxes. These are going to be used to raise funds for Global Reach many initiatives in Ethiopia. The idea is that you fill this lunch box with loose change and then roll the change and get a money order from the bank and send the donation in. I ordered a bunch and we are going to approach Ellie's school to see if they would like to put one in each classroom! Ellie and I opened the box yesterday, and she immediately went upstairs to her jar of change that she has been saving for the Humane Society, and dumped it in! She said, "Since I help out at the humane society once a month, I'd like to give my money to Ethiopia." And if anyone in Calgary who reads this blog would like one for your loose change, just let me know and I'll get it to you. We'll then collect it when it is relatively full and roll it and submit the donation on your behalf.

The post below this one is a follow-up on Paul Potts the opera singing cell phone salesman... SO GOOD!

I am off to go to the production meeting this afternoon for this pilot. I read the script last night. Yup. What a winner... ugh. Oh well... who knows? It might traslate to screen beautifully!

Oh, and I was tagged by my friend Sebrina, so here goes:
Jobs I've Had:
1) CIBC- Teller and back office
2) Fairweather - Sales
3) Location Scout (when I started in film)
4) Location PA (again, beginning of career.)
Places I have lived
1) Calgary
2) Chilliwack
3) Victoria
4) Edmonton (although I was only 6 months old at the time.)
Food I love:
1) Cake - any kind
2) Pasta - with some kind of cream sauce
3) Sushi - california rolls
4) ripple chips (is that considered a food?)
Places I'd rather be:
1) pretty happy where I am
2) Hualtulco Mexico - could seriously live there
3) in my waterfront dream loghome (operative word here.. dream)
4) At my bestfriends house drinking wine
Movies I love:
1) Planes, Trains and Automobiles
2) Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
3) She's having a Baby
4) Indian Summer
TV shows I watch:
1) Larry King
2) David Letterman
3) Dancing with the Stars (can't even believe that one myself!)
4) The View (hot topics)
Books I love: (are you kidding me? I'd have to create a whole entire blog about this one!)
1) The Road - Cormac McCarthy
2) Anna Karenina - Leo Tolstory
3) Outlander series - Diana Gabaldon
4) The Bronze Horseman - Paulina Simmons
Bloggers I am tagging:
1) Malia's Mama
2) Cindy Lou Who
3) Jill (Jada's Mom)
4) The Kurtz (if your not too busy with your new beauties!)

1 comment:

Mamato2 said...

Sorry, girl, already did it! :) That's how SEB got tagged to being with :)
Intersting to know oyu a little better :)