Saturday, September 1, 2007

Weird dreams...

I had the longest most vivid dream last night. Bizarre. I dreamt that I had agreed to work at the bank (I used to work there for 10 years before I went to school to work in film) for a day. I was a teller and helping this eccentric old guy with his new business account. We were kidding around about various things and on his account file I wrote, "Free cocktails after 7pm" Anyway, apparently the supervisor didn't like that. I told her I was just kidding around with him. Then later, while there were no customers, I was chatting with an old friend of mine who I used to work with, we were standing around fiddling with paperwork and catching up. The teller supervisor was not impressed and came over to rudely tell us to look busy and on and on she went. So in my dream, I told her that I didn't need this job, that Iwas walking out, and that I was doing it as a favour. I then told her that she may want to change her approach when talking to employees because although they may not walk out, they will passive aggressively get back at her in some way. I then told my sister Debbie, who worked there, that I was quitting, and who would I need to talk to. She said, "Oh so and so" (can't remember his name) and she took me to his office. To get to his office there was this secret door and a very complicated mechanism that eventually opened like a door in star trek. I walked into his office thinking that this guy was like Get Smart. And then I woke up. What the? I think it has to do with the fact that I have said no to soooo much work in the last year. I am not exaggerating when I say that I have probably turned down 20 or more jobs, for one reason or another. Mostly because my main focus is to be a mother and wife. But admittidly it is hard to say no to work, constantly, and of course I will work if we need the money. So I got yet ANOTHER call on Friday to work on the German movie AGAIN. This time for 3 days. If Regan is home (that's the main thing I am waiting for) I'll MIGHT do it. The thing is EVERYONE is working right now because it is actually very busy, so there is me and only one other person (as of Wed) to work. And a lot of these people are my friends and you feel bad when you can't help them out. Anyway, it beats working at the bank though.. and that is what the dream reminded me of. At work I can act as goofy as I want, silly, inappropriate humour, we are free to wear what ever we want provided it is not ripped up jeans. I can interract with people however I want to get my job done. It is a wonderfully freeing job. But at the bank.. Fuhgetaboutit. Even at McDonald's when I was 17, I was whistling and the supervisor told me to stop. It wasn't PROFESSIONAL. AT MCDONALD'S PEOPLE!!! And I wouldn't mind if a cashier anywhere whistled while they worked, wouldn't that make them seem CHEERFUL??? Anyway, the bank sucked. I hated it. The only part I liked was the actual paperwork part. I loved that. Balancing my till, or when I worked in the back office, balancing everybody's tills. I just LOVED that. That is why my job now is so perfect for me, (when I work), I have freedom to deal with the people, and then I have a fair amount of paperwork I can do when I need to or want to. I had another dream I can't recall right now,but I must have slept well, I can't remember a time when I have dreamt all night and so clearly.

We are going to Drumheller today. It's raining and a good day to see the museum.

Have a great Weekend!

No comments: