Thursday, September 6, 2007

Time keeps on slippin' slippin' slippin'.. into the future`

Lately I have no time. I mean I feel like I have no time. We are always rushing, me and Ellie. Rushing in the morning, rushing to eat lunch, rushing to do homework... rushing, rushing, rushing! We just can't get into a groove! I need to just be more focused on time management. In just a few months we are going to add a little baby in the mix, so I better get my act together! I thrive on routine, must have it, so I am trying to establish the routine we had last year. Ellie has more homework now, so we have to tweek that time a bit more, but other than that it should work out fine. I started yoga again and also carving out time to pray the rosary and do my spiritual readings, this will help a ton, I know. I just have to slow down a bit.

I had a GREAT dream last night. It was my first dream about Ayana. She was the age she is right now and we were together, and I was holding her and changing her, and it was just wonderful! I am just excited right now about getting an updated picture of her! Hopefully with her eyes open! It is one month since our court date, so only 2 or 3 more to go! I hope she will be home for Christmas.

This morning I read in the paper that researchers have been given the go ahead to create human-animal embryos. I could not believe what I was reading.... WHAT??!!!! Does this strike anyone as mildly horror movie-ish to anyone? It just makes me skin crawl to imagine it. They will be taking a bovine (cow) cell and replacing the nucleus with a human one... and presto! They will have created a Cuman.... or a How... I guess? I just wonder what is the point? In what capacity will this help the medical advancement of our society, unless we are going to be treating creatures that are half man half animal. I'm just saying. It just seems bizarre to me.

I am working on Mon/Tue and possibly Wed in Fort MacLeod on Passhendaele again. It will be great, and back to the town where Regan and I first met on the set of my first movie "In Cold Blood". I always have fond feelings about that town. But that will be it. I'm hanging up my movie shingle for a long while. I have let it be known that I am no longer available for work for the time being. It is a great feeling, in some ways, to just hunker down and take care of the homefront while Regan makes his career really happen.

Anyway, have a great Thurs!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I think it is so funny that you read about the human-animal thing. I saw it yesterday and said WTF??? Are we going to be running around with a bunch of Hercules inspired Newton's?? It is more than horror movie-ish..it is disgusting.

I am glad not to be the only one who thought it was a bit freaky.