Sunday, September 9, 2007

This is a video I posted back in May. I thought it was worth an encore, and some people who read my blog may not have seen it. It's a montage I made for Ellie, and I was watching it again today. Of course I am boo hooing like I always do when I see it, but something different is there today. When I made the video, Ayana was not a part of our family, Ellie (at the time) was our one and only. I am sure there are some of you out there who have experienced what I am feeling at this moment. Ellie has been our one and only for almost 8 years. We're like the three musketeers.. all for one.. that sort of thing. She has been a brave little girl through all of our adoption drama over the last 2 years, and she is just one of a kind. I guess in the absolute elation I feel for adding Ayana to our family (and don't get me wrong, I am ECSTATIC!!) I would be lying if I didn't say I had a bit of sadness that our little trio will be forever changed. Only a LITTLE bit sad. But right now I feel it more than ever because I just spent the last 2 days compiling all of our Germany pics into a photo book (took over 20 hours.. I'm not even remotely kidding), and then I made the little Goodsoil monatage, and just for kicks I thought I would wrench my heart open and watch the one just for our Ellie. Here's to you, my little sweetpea, you will always be my best oldest girl, and I hope we are as close as we are now forever.

3 comments:

Mamato2 said...

She's amazing! Look at the character in that precious face! Yes, Lisa, your dynamic will change, but the love will not. Just think of the beautiful montage you will one day make with both your gorgeous girls.
Many blessings for a speedy journey home for Ayana.

Sebrina Wilson said...

You guys have such a beautiful family!!!

Jenn said...

You are right it does change. With each baby we had to adjust to the new dynamics. In a way I mourned the loss of the family I was used to. I mourned the loss of my youngest no longer being the baby. But it didn't take long before I couldn't have imagined it any other way.