Monday, August 27, 2007

HE'S BAAAAAAAACK!!!


Look for Gerard Butlers two films to be released soon
"Butterfly on a Wheel" and "PS I love you."
For more pics and some fun facts about Gerry
visit GB.net!
Had a great weekend. Did virtually nothing! We watched movies, I knitted (I'm making Ellie a Gryffindor scarf, and I made her and I matching hats), played video games. Just relaxed! Regan worked night shift, poor guy, but that movie is over and now he is doing a short commercial and then he is off work until the next thing comes along. On Saturday night I got an e-mail from another adoptive mom who was just in Ethiopia at our orphanage picking up her 5 month old son. She saw Ayana and told me that she looked really healthy and had A LOT of hair! So much, in fact, that they had to have it in a little elastic! She said that both times she went in to see her that she was sleeping, but she was able to stroke her little head and said her hair was so soft! I am so moved by this wonderful person taking time out while picking up her son to visit ours and other peoples babies. And then taking the time to e-mail each one of us about them! I cried with... I don't know.... gratitude.... at the mom, at the orphanage and the care givers which are very loving she said... and with some anticipation at holding her and feeling her little head myself. I try not to think about that too much... it makes it just too difficult. I think about her all of the time, but I don't allow myself to imagine where she is or what she is doing. It makes me feel like I'm going nuts because we can't be together, so I push those thoughts aside and just immerse myself in my daily life. I pray every day that she stays safe and healthy. On Friday we got a scanned copy of our court order that made her legally our child. It was in amharic, and english. It was SO AMAZING!! To see the document that made it all possible!!! In a couple of weeks we should get the birth certificate copy, which will list us as her parents! That will be VERY COOL! It's weird, I am looking at her picture right now and can feel what it will be like to hold that tiny little solid body, in her pink fuzzy sleeper. I miss her. Eventhough I have never met her. See.. I'm letting my mind "go there" and I feel my eyes stinging. Must change the subject!
Ellie only has 2 days of school this week, so we are going to do some fun stuff. We're going to go to Banff, and maybe even Drumheller. We also want to go to the Glenbow museum. I'm not sure what exhibits are there right now, but I am embarrased to say, I dont' think I have ever been there! And if I have, it was sooo long ago that I can't remember.
Anyway, have a wonderful Monday!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well First of all...THANK YOU for the Gerard post!! Much in need of a smile and drool today!! :) i too think it was so great of C to take time to write us all about our kids...made my day!!! And I know what you mean about trying to not let your mind 'go there'...it's too hard....I sooo hope we travel together!!!

Sebrina Wilson said...

Glad to see he is baaack!!!!!!