Friday, August 24, 2007

The bigger picture...


I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday who also worked as an assistant director on Jesse. She told me an amazing story. The little boy who played Brad Pitt's son in the film, Dustin, should be over-the-moon excited about the movie he starred in FINALLY coming out. But I think he is only a little bit excited. His mom is in the final stages of terminal cancer. She is a lovely woman, and was a delight to work with, and was very proud and excited about her son acting in this film. A couple of weeks ago she began to feel very sad that she may not get to actually see the movie, Jesse James... she worried she might not make it. The tutor that worked with the children throughout filming has stayed good friends with the family and decided to do something about Dustin's mom's fears. She e-mailed one of the producers that worked on it in Los Angeles and within hours he phoned her with an amazing solution. He arranged, a few days later, for a Warner Brothers executive to fly to her home with a copy of the not-yet-released film and made her dream come true. She and Dustin were able to watch the movie in the comfort of her own home, and she was able to see with her own eyes the amazing job he did, and watched with the heartwrenching awe the little boy on screen.. as only a mother can. I heard that she wanted people to know this story, to show that hollywood indeed can have a heart... and a big one. I don't know about Hollywood, but I do know that producer very well, and I know his heart is the biggest in the business. So while you watch the movie, if you get to see it, remember behind that beautiful little boy is a mother who loved him and was there every minute of his filming cheering him on from the sidelines.

Have a great day everyone....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is beautiful...no other words.

Chris said...

I won't watch this movie with the same eyes.This is so sad. SO SAD.

Mamato2 said...

Do you enjoy making me cry? :) Man... what a story and a beautiful child!

Jenn said...

What a beautiful little boy. I bet his Mom is so proud. What a nice thing to do for them.