I am going to be pretty busy the next few days, so my blogging will be short. I love our dog, I really do, but last night she had one of those nights where she woke me up at 3am wanting to go out. And then after that I could not get back to sleep. It was brutal! Her ear is still bugging her, I think, not painful but she is shaking her head and she seems restless. She is still on her meds, but if she is not better before we leave I think I may pop in to see the vet AGAIN about it.
I am just about to get ready to clean the house. Reg is coming home this afternoon. Yay!! I am glad that we are going away right away, because after having him not be home for over 3 weeks, and then suddenly not only is he home but he is home 24 hours a day hovering and asking me what I am doing every 5 minutes, drives me insane!! I love the guy but... sheesh! Most film people who have their wife at home when they are suddenly out of work again and home all of the time it gets on the wifes every last nerve. I feel for him though, because suddenly he is left with nothing to really do. And I have my routine of house wifey and mother stuff to do and he is just sort of hanging around trying to find stuff to do. So I totally get that. But it doesn't make it any less irritating. You stay at home moms, could you imagine if your hubby was suddenly around 24 hours a day indefinately?????? I only have one friend that admitted that she would love it. Yeah... right. That's because she has never had to do it. Anyway, it's very very good practice for our golden years. (If we don't kill each other first.)
I am really hoping to get a referral soon. I am kind of hoping it comes before we leave... but it is doubtful. The owner of our agency is in Ethiopia right now and will be returning next week and likely will have some referrals. (crossing fingers here!) It will be exciting as there are a few other families from our agency and we are all waiting.
I found myself at 3 am stressing about this trip. You know any kind of travelling is stressful, as much as you would like to think that vacationing is totally relaxing, it really isn't. But it is an adventure. That's how I like to look at it. The first 8 days of our trip are totally planned out (except the rental car, but I plan on doing that today or tomorro or when we get there). But after that it is totally up in the air and completely dependant on Regan's relatives. I hope to God they are around and can help us get from city to city with instructions on the train situation. And Regan is totally excited to drive the autoban... what guy wouldn't be? No fixed speed limit??? I think I better take some serious tranquilizers that day. I do have some usual high anxiety about flying. I never used to, but since I have become a mother I worry more about this sort of thing. I think it is pretty common to worry about crashing or terrorists. I am going to just have to block it out of my mind, I guess. We don't leave until 10 pm on Friday so hopefully I can sleep a little bit on the plane.
I better get cleaning! HAPPY APPRECIATION DAY EVERYONE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I was thinking... AB requests that everything it sent to them for the referral and not KL... So, I am guessing this means that the referral could be done while Sue is there, but can she bring it back with her? I have a feeling the Orphanage will still need to send it? What do you think?
Jill
Post a Comment