Saturday, June 9, 2007

Blast from the past...


This photo was taken 5 YEARS AGO. Can't believe it has been that long. A co-worker friend took it of me in 2002 on a film we were working on . As a crew member we don't generally get our picture taken with any of the actors, it just doesn't feel right, unless we happen to become actual friends with them and they are true candid shots like you would take with anyone else. But sometimes the actor is just one of your favs and after you get to know them you ask and well it just happens. In this case I was so excited to work with William Devane of Knots Landing fame (remember Greg?). I remember the day I met him, it was in prep (the time period before actual shooting begins when we are "preparing" the production, like actors rehearsals, costume fittings, make up and hair tests, etc.) and on the same day he was scheduled to come in and meet and greet they were holding auditions for dogs and owners. I noticed this hobo looking guy and his mangy dog in the office with a big beat up cowboy hat, and full beard, and thought "Must be one of the extras auditioning their dog". Then one of my coworkers said, "Did you see that William Devane is here?" (One of my responsibilities is to meet the actors and introduce them around and take them to whomever they need to see while they are there.) They then pointed him out to me and I just about fell off my chair. "That''s HIM?" I said. So I went and introduced myself. I said, "Hi Mr. Devane, my name is Lisa Jemus and I'm the third AD here. What would you like me to call you? William? Bill?" I don't always ask about their name, it depends solely on the actor and their "status" or the general feel I get from them when I meet them. Anyway, he gave me a very flirty sideways look and said in a very sexy voice, "The girls like to call me Billy." I actually BLUSHED! Anyway, he was by far THE lowest maintenance actor I have ever worked with to date. He actually STAYED IN HIS OWN MOTORHOME and DROVE HIMSELF TO WORK EVERY DAY!!!!!!!!!! This was problematic as he was often an hour or more late every day with no way to get ahold of him. He also REFUSED to get any hair and makeup done, which was fine by me since it cut his getting ready time drastically (which I am also responsible for). Anyway, he was super foul mouthed (which I loved) and was fake cranky with everyone (which made me laugh hysterically). He was just awesome, and lovely , and handsome, and in my top 5 fav actors to work with, and we got along like gangbusters so I had to get a photo. I thought I would show the pic since I just got it yesterday after waiting for 5 years to actually see it. The movie was called Monte Walsh and it was a feature film for HBO.


Today I am going to take Ellie either to U of C (they are having a kids fair there) or to Calaway Park. I have had a headache for 2 days, so neither one actually seems like a good idea on that front, but it will be so much fun!


Regan is coming home on Tuesday, and then there is a mad rush to get ready for our trip!!!


I have nothing to further report today, hope you are all doing great!


Have a great Weekend!!!

No comments: