Maybe it's the PMS talking, but I am feeling super ultra bluer than blue today. You should see me. Mopey McMoperson. PMS is not a figmant of anyones imagination, just ask Regan, or my parents, or my friends, or even Ellie. Basically anyone who has to talk to me, look at me or generally just be around me, they'll know, and they will tell you. It never used to be this bad, maybe a day or two, now it is basically for 2 weeks sometimes more. I know, sounds crazy doesn't it? Well it is, for me and everyone else. I know most men have a hard time believing it is real, but I even know some women ... WOMEN I TELL YOU! Who also think it is all in our heads. Anyway, eveything is getting on my nerves. Our basement is still not done, so our main level is full of stuff. Crap. You know, the stuff that gets relegated to the basement and you never ever look at again, well this stuff is now in my living room. Piles and piles of it. Not to mention the rest of the house. When we ran out of room in the living room, we started stashing stuff in the corners all over the place. As we speak there is a huge TV sitting 5 inches behind my back in the office here. It is above me. Hovering. In all it's hugeness. In our garage, which is full of drywall stuff, lighting stuff, and all of Regan's manly stuff and work stuff, now has an extremely narrow corridor for me to pull in my car. I am literally inches from his motorbike and depending on how I feel about him at the time, I cannot guarantee that I will not ACCIDENTALLY tap his bike with the passenger door. It is all very claustrophobic. That's the word. Even Regan, who is normally a pretty even tempered person, was all tantrums this weekend. It was Easter, but it might as well have been Regan-has-a-hissey-fit day. Ellie and I kept sending him to bed for a nap, like he was 2. It worked for awhile. I am going to Edmonton on Wednesday with Ellie to see Regan's family. It will be fun, can't wait to see everyone. But 5 days away is a lot, especially with everything up in the air with the house, and our papers. On top of all of that our stucco on the outside of our house is crumbling and cracking and generally looks like crap. So, I have to get a guy in to give us an estimate. We may just scrape it all off and replace it with siding. Not sure at this point.
Anyway, enough crabbing. The little doll you see in this post, is the little worry doll I told you all about a few posts ago. I knit it for Ellie, and behind it is the little bag that goes with it. It's about 5 inches tall and really sweet. I have to dig up the pattern again on my computer, but if anyone wants the pattern I can send you the link. It took no time at all, and it's a great way to use up some of your stash that's collecting dust. Ellie does use it as a worry doll, before she goes to sleep she puts it to her forehead and whispers all of her 7 year old troubles to it, sticks it in its bag and puts it under her pillow. So cute!
Right now I am figuring out what to knit next. I knit this little cross over sweater for the baby but the pattern had some errors in it and it looks just wrong. I have to take it to my knitting guru at a great little store called Knit on Chat too, and maybe she can figure it out. I know, I was surprised too to learn that patterns in knitting books can have errors. They do and boy can it screw up a project!
Ellie is off for another week, and she has a playdate today, which is so fun for her! And she loves it when we go to Edmonton, we are looking forward to being out of this clutter house!
Till next time.

No comments:
Post a Comment